Vorteks blinking red, no throttle or steering

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

99Trey

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 6s
  2. Vorteks
I've got an issue w my Vorteks, I'm getting a flashing red light at startup and no steering or throttle response, all w a fresh battery. I tried resetting the ESC and re binding but I don't think I did it properly. Unplugged the servo and that didnt help. I'm trying to rebind but I'm not sure if I can bind when the ESC blinks red. Any ideas on how to start from scratch? Tried the Smart 100a ESC and older BLX 100 ESC and both blink red on startup, so it seems to be a reciever or transmitter issue, or maybe the motor?

What's the voltage of the battery at?

What's the voltage of the battery at?
Unfortunatly I don't have a votage meter, but I tried 4 different batteries, fresh off the charger, 2 2s and 2 3s. All four batteries worked fine in my Typhon though they were running at 4s and 6s respectively

i think razor rc did A vid on the blinking red light of death utube is your friend.

yeah i think it has something to do w my throttle and steering end point setup as well as the position of the AVC & Brake rate positions. I played around with those, turned AVC off and got throttle working but steering is still wonky. The red light stopped blinking

Center your throttle trim, I completely forgot about it! Also, max out your steering dual-rates!

Figured it out, the transmitter died and wasn’t able to send turn signals. Luckily I have another to get me by until Horizon sends a replacement.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back