Bloody Hell

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sparkyd31

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Just picked up a new Kraton V2 .Bought some RPM stuff, teckno orange springs and a chassis protector from rc decals. Was wanting to take my shocks off and.................BLOODY HELL. I can NOT believe after taking the wheel nut off, trying to remove the wheels was crazy. Well I finally got them off by the grace of god so now I'm thinking of putting a dab of lithium on the rim where the hub press fits in.. I do believe my better 1/2 heard me tonight taking those wheels off LMAO

Last edited:
Lol just take a little sand paper and smooth out the hole where the hub sticks out of. Don't need to go crazy on it do a little at a time then stop to see if the tire slides on and off easier. Hope that made sense lol.

It sure does and it's on my "to do asap" list. Thanks so much for the tip. Rubber side down. Dave

Glad I wasn't the only one as I was thinking I had to remove something other than the wheel nut with this crazy ass truggy cause it was so damn hard getting these wheels off.I think my thumbs are raw pushing on the metal axles LOL. Well no more as the sandpaper and lithium comes knocking.

Lol oh ya I felt it the next day. Thumbs and fingers hurt from prying on it. Not a problem anymore.

I just drill out the holes in the rims for my Senton, Typhon and Kraton with a 1/2" drill bit and haven't had a problem since. I thought about sanding them but figured it was faster just to drill them ever so slightly larger.

Hi guys,

have the same problem with my Senton v2. Wanted to replace the old Sidewinders by brandnew, shiny Pioneers. But no way! After pressing holes in my thumbs and drowning the wheel hubs in W40, I gave up the sizzy girl way, and took hammer and bolt to force these damn things off the axles. But I couldnt find a smart way of locking the wheels in place, while hitting at the axle, so I failed again! So before breaking my good old Senton into pieces, I just wanted to ask some pros for advice first.

Regards,
K-Nov

PS: And yes, I removed the wheel nuts upfront! ;)

Pig-headed Wheel.jpg

Hi guys,

have the same problem with my Senton v2. Wanted to replace the old Sidewinders by brandnew, shiny Pioneers. But no way! After pressing holes in my thumbs and drowning the wheel hubs in W40, I gave up the sizzy girl way, and took hammer and bolt to force these damn things off the axles. But I couldnt find a smart way of locking the wheels in place, while hitting at the axle, so I failed again! So before breaking my good old Senton into pieces, I just wanted to ask some pros for advice first.

Regards,
K-Nov

PS: And yes, I removed the wheel nuts upfront! ;)

View attachment 19986
I used a utility knife and cut like a 1mm, 45 degree bevel all around the hub and the wheels came off. Then I took a 1/2" drill bit and ream out the hole in the wheel after it's off.

I used a utility knife and cut like a 1mm, 45 degree bevel all around the hub and the wheels came off. Then I took a 1/2" drill bit and ream out the hole in the wheel after it's off.

Hi,

Thanks for your hint. I finally made it with a combination of cutter knife and heat gun. All wheels got free. Thanks.

K

Attachments

• Wheel.jpg
    Wheel.jpg
    318.8 KB · Views: 22
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back