Blowing rear diff. problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mickRR

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
I have the castle mmx8s with paired sensored 800kv motor 20mil in center diff and 500k in front and 1mil in rear. 42t pinion. And I have gone thru 3 rear diffs so far. Is anyone else having this problem or does anyone have suggestions for me to stop going thru rear diffs?

I’m running pretty much exactly the same setup, except 43T and 500k F/R.
What part of the diff are you breaking?
Mine just recently started clicking but haven’t opened it up to inspect yet..

This ^^^^^^^ make sure the pinion depth is correct(that is how deep the small gear is in the housing) and you should get some shims for the diff housing itself( so that it can be located more to the right or left laterally to adjust final contact patch). ARRMA has pretty consistent parts so you shouldn't need any special care assembling the spider gears, just be sure the differential operation is stiff but consistent.

I always take my new stuff completely apart and rebuild it like a kit to be sure nothing is loose or not set up perfection, and it saves much time in the long run. Maybe a center spool would help?

I have the castle mmx8s with paired sensored 800kv motor 20mil in center diff and 500k in front and 1mil in rear. 42t pinion. And I have gone thru 3 rear diffs so far. Is anyone else having this problem or does anyone have suggestions for me to stop going thru rear diffs?

Something is definitely wrong. I run 12s through mine and its still going like new.

I’m running pretty much exactly the same setup, except 43T and 500k F/R.
What part of the diff are you breaking?
Mine just recently started clicking but haven’t opened it up to inspect yet..
On the first diff i sheared the cap screws right off and then screwed up the spider gears. On the other 2nd I'm ruined spider gears and on 1 the case was weak and had a crack and the other the case the cap screws were fine but spider gears were trashed I have since moved my punch level to 30% it seems to be working now. And the first diff. that went out it started with a clicking. So if you haven't already check it and you may be able to save yourself from buying new spider gears

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back