Kraton Blowing up tires

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abh16

Reaction score
Blew up 3 tires yesterday. Do you guys usualy buy pre-mounted wheels and tires or just the foam and rubber and glue it yourself? Is it hard or annoying to mount them yourself?

Blew up 3 tires yesterday. Do you guys usualy buy pre-mounted wheels and tires or just the foam and rubber and glue it yourself? Is it hard or annoying to mount them yourself?

What are you doing when it blows?

Diff out can put a lot of extra spin on a tire and blow it off....so manage your diff weights (change). Check the tires before as new and after each run and glue as needed. I personally just add glue over the existing for new tires now.

If you diff out even with a good glued tire, you can spin it so fast that you just exceed the specs of that tire, and it comes off and even an older tire if not checked often.

What are you doing when it blows?

Diff out can put a lot of extra spin on a tire and blow it off....so manage your diff weights (change). Check the tires before as new and after each run and glue as needed. I personally just add glue over the existing for new tires now.

If you diff out even with a good glued tire, you can spin it so fast that you just exceed the specs of that tire, and it comes off and even an older tire if not checked often.
^ you can change diff oils.

Also, you can just NOT diff out all the time.

I have a friend who always doing donuts and tries to diff out the front wheel. Then wonders why his tires are always coming off the rims.... :unsure:

Last edited:
00419729.jpg

Need some of this. I check tires after every run and if I see them come unglued, I stop running and throw different tires on or run a different rig.

My rear tires on my Notorious need to be reglued every other run pretty much, depending on how many flips I do any particular run.

If your tires frequently turn into pizza cutters for any extended amount of time while you're gunning the throttle, you may need to up your center diff fluid like @Moirae said.

500k will fix it for sure. But if you don't necessarily want a wheelie machine 300k in the center is a happy medium.

I run 60/300/30 on my Kraton and Notorious both. Never blown a tire on either with this set up and my Kraton run 4s tires on 6s most of the time.

I don't understand what diff'ing out means. In my case the truck flipped onto its back and I held down the trigger too and they blew up, no amount of glue would have saved them since they didnt come off the whees, just blew up the rubber

I don't understand what diff'ing out means. In my case the truck flipped onto its back and I held down the trigger too and they blew up
Yes, that's what they do when you do that. Any non belted tire will do that.

If you want to lay your rc upside down and see how fast the wheels can go, get belted tires. They don't balloon at all, because they're belted. Reglue them as needed and spin to your heart's content.

This is one example of diffing out.
When all tires are off the ground, they will all spin at the same speeds. If you hold one side or put one side on the ground, the free tire will now spin at double speed.

This can happen when you are driving around as well. One tire gets more traction than the other and all the power goes to one tire.

Learning throttle control is important with such powerful R/C cars, especially when running 6s. If you don't you'll be blowing up far more than just tires in short order.

As for buying new tires, premounts seem to be the standard offering today. Just check the beads for gaps in the glue before you run them.

I don't understand what diff'ing out means. In my case the truck flipped onto its back and I held down the trigger too and they blew up, no amount of glue would have saved them since they didnt come off the whees, just blew up the rubber
Were you trying to do a standing backflip? did you purposely hold the throttle while the rig was upside down? You still never answered any of my questions lol. Was it the front tire? it probably was. As @Crunchy Gears alluded to, you probably shouldn't be gunning the throttle while the rig is upside down.

If you were trying to do a standing backflip or a wheelie and you blew a tire, then upping the diff fluid would definitely help.

@abh16 all the above ^^^ is great info.

It could be overkill for you, but if you are going to have this rig it's a wealth of info. Throttle control is big. Diff fluid is big also depending on how you want to drive this FT. I like the FT because it is a ground rig and does not wheelie on power.... the main selling point for me. I have a Kraton EXB 6S for that... FT stays low and go!!! does not roll over in my case. Why I like the stock diffs for me and my style and fits this rig as a ground rig.

If you are going to jump it, send it....rethink the diff, but personally, I do not feel the FT was made for what the Kraton or any of the stunt 6S rigs do.

Does not look like a Fireteam tire posted...

FT tire
Screen Shot 2022-09-30 at 1.02.38 PM.png

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back