Typhon Blown motor on Typhon 6S, can anyone suggest a good upgrade?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maddogsandenglishmen

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 6s
Motor kaput.jpg

Little puff of smoke yesterday from the motor, thought I'd might have blown a bearing but no, it was carnage in there, stripped the casing off the rotor. Wouldn't you know it, both bearings are absolutely fine! Can anyone recommend a good upgrade motor for the Typhon 6S, mainly for bashing but hopefully racing too on my local off road track a little later this year? Thanks.

Typhon does not need huge power to perform, so pretty much any 4075 motor around 2000kv will work. If you want cheap, get a GoolRC motor...

Could also be a good excuse to upgrade to a Castle MX + 1515 2200kv sensored system. If you want to race, you will want a sensored system.

Surpass

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200503_150633_com.ebay.mobile.jpg
    Screenshot_20200503_150633_com.ebay.mobile.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 49
That looks fine to me. ??‍♂️?

The 2050kv motor is pretty good for the money. Just grab another one from JRC.

Thanks, just saw that someone is selling all the parts from a newly bought and stripped Notorious over in the Netherlands, so hopefully I'll get one a bit cheaper! Actually managed to clean it off and put the motor back together and it's working, it's only the rotor that's damaged, but I can't just buy one of those! Won't last log though, half of one of the magnets had smashed to pieces!

Excellent, thanks for this, I'll look into getting one of those!
Yep, I'd just get another BLX, great value for money. I wouldnt upgrade if I was only bashing.

Thanks.
Typhon does not need huge power to perform, so pretty much any 4075 motor around 2000kv will work. If you want cheap, get a GoolRC motor...

Could also be a good excuse to upgrade to a Castle MX + 1515 2200kv sensored system. If you want to race, you will want a sensored system.

Thanks for this, I'll have a look into those motors.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back