Kraton 6s Blue Kraton- I did not expect her to do this 😃

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First, and most importantly, good luck and God bless, here’s to a full and speedy recovery for your wife.
Second, once you both try 6s you’ll never look back. The only buyers remorse you’ll feel is for all the other ones you bought first.

No doubt!
You are in our prayers and we are here for you.
Let us know if there's anything we can do for you brother.

Take a deep breath.
Try to imagine yourself as an ocean.. even if someone drops a massive boulder in, it only makes a tiny ripple...
Be that Ocean.
You got it man 😊
First, and most importantly, good luck and God bless, here’s to a full and speedy recovery for your wife.
Second, once you both try 6s you’ll never look back. The only buyers remorse you’ll feel is for all the other ones you bought first.
I should change it to buyers guilt lol. Which is directly attached to stress etc. Talked with my partner and she pointed out we got it direct from Amazon (not horizon), so can return if needed within 30 days. I won’t do that of course, but knowing the options there eases my mind. Go figure on how we manipulate our selfs 😂
By the way I love and appreciate prayers and good thoughts y’all 🤗

Dang dude pray things go well for ya that's alot on your plate..

As far as the buyers remorse just like everyone said people blow alot more to get alot less enjoyment. These things last basically forever as long as parts support lasts. Your whole family enjoys the hobby and you got a great deal if it's not stopping ya from paying your mortgage or feeding your family then who cares what it cost. I think it's money well spent! That Kraton will be there for ya when you're ready

Dang dude pray things go well for ya that's alot on your plate..

As far as the buyers remorse just like everyone said people blow alot more to get alot less enjoyment. These things last basically forever as long as parts support lasts. Your whole family enjoys the hobby and you got a great deal if it's not stopping ya from paying your mortgage or feeding your family then who cares what it cost. I think it's money well spent! That Kraton will be there for ya when you're ready
Thanks man…and yeah, we’re going to keep it 😃

I cut my teeth on 6S, couldn't decide so....
Blue Kraton of course, much faster. 🤣
20190403_174205.jpg

I cut my teeth on 6S, couldn't decide so....
Blue Kraton of course, much faster. 🤣
View attachment 215330
Very nice!! Mine is still sitting on the shelf underneath the TV. I’m not allowing myself to touch it until I finish putting the Vorteks and Notorious back together 😂 only then can I open this new blue thing up and check the differentials and all that fun stuff.

Very nice!! Mine is still sitting on the shelf underneath the TV. I’m not allowing myself to touch it until I finish putting the Vorteks and Notorious back together 😂 only then can I open this new blue thing up and check the differentials and all that fun stuff.

My Senton 3S stayed wrapped in its Christmas wrappings for nearly 4 months.. before I freddy kruegered it open..

^^^
What do you think...?
Time to try out that custom motor brace yet?? 😁

^^^
What do you think...?
Time to try out that custom motor brace yet?? 😁
Yes!! I got the noto running and working on the Kraton so it’s a great time!

I forget who suggested using concrete board tape over drywall tape but Thank you! This stuff is sturdy and far easier to work with compared to flimsy drywall tape. Two, 3.7 oz tubes and about 1/2 a small roll of tape were what I used on this one.

Shoo Goo and proline roof skids are done. I know some folks negative opinion on shoo gooing a body but man, it works for me. Doesn’t matter if it’s a stock body or one I painted, I want it to last so I shoo goo it. I’ve done seven or eight bodies by now so I know where to reinforce it for best durability. As for the small amount of excessive weight… it’s really not noticeable just bashing around.

32BA126D-01AB-4C84-B2C0-7C66238BD3C1.jpeg

ED1BE502-D54E-4CAD-8394-43D1DA8FF9BE.jpeg

DE3D232C-8BFB-410C-BC62-46E60220EEB6.jpeg

6FC36A31-FCF4-458E-844F-7FDE082DB022.jpeg

Well, yeah, I spent the last week or so giving her a good going over and everything seemed solid so i took her out for her first run a little bit ago. Felt a bit sluggish compared to my notorious but still a lot of fun. After a few minutes I floored it on a flat open grassy area and right when it got up to speed I heard a large crack crunch and the car flipped heels over head hard like it was punched from underneath. I didn't hit anything, no holes, rocks or stumps around to hit.

From what I can see, sitting here on the ground, the right side drive cup is broken, drive shaft slightly bent, arm badly gouged and wheel bearing totally exploded. By the sound and the way it flipped forward so hard I think the front differential seized maybe? It doesn’t turn anymore so that’s what I’m thinking at least.

She was great for those 5 minutes though… kinda like a girl I dated once. Yay 🤣

1F64610D-1CC6-4C49-AFB1-2ACA268F8EFF.jpeg

7E0DD669-90DD-47CD-891A-796E67A9AD6A.jpeg

Well, yeah, I spent the last week or so giving her a good going over and everything seemed solid so i took her out for her first run a little bit ago. Felt a bit sluggish compared to my notorious but still a lot of fun. After a few minutes I floored it on a flat open grassy area and right when it got up to speed I heard a large crack crunch and the car flipped heels over head hard like it was punched from underneath. I didn't hit anything, no holes, rocks or stumps around to hit.

From what I can see, sitting here on the ground, the right side drive cup is broken, drive shaft slightly bent, arm badly gouged and wheel bearing totally exploded. By the sound and the way it flipped forward so hard I think the front differential seized maybe? It doesn’t turn anymore so that’s what I’m thinking at least.

View attachment 216790

View attachment 216791

THAT looked awfully painful to experience from a brand new rig..
I'm sorry to see that happen man.

Hopefully HH will warranty all of that and get you back up and right ,ASAP.

THAT looked awfully painful to experience from a brand new rig..
I'm sorry to see that happen man.

Hopefully HH will warranty all of that and get you back up and right ,ASAP.
Actually my wife bought it from Amazon fulfillment, which means they are replacing it. I’ll have the new one in a few days, swap the body I shoo gooed, shocks I tuned and few other things, send back the bum one then start again.

But why is what I want to figure out so will disassemble and inspect meanwhile. I don’t want this to happen again so must figure it out. It was weird how it went down.

Last edited:
Actually my wife bought it from Amazon fulfillment, which means they are replacing it. I’ll have the new one in a few days, swap the body I shoo gooed, shocks I tuned and few other things, send back the bum one then start again.

But why is what I want to figure out so will disassemble and inspect meanwhile. I don’t want this to happen again so must figure it out. It was weird how it went down.

Wished you had caught it on video, so we can see what you saw..

Wished you had caught it on video, so we can see what you saw..
Yeah that would’ve been cool but I rarely video anything. Noise and dust poof was about it anyway lol.

Got the new Kraton over a week ago but I’ve been shut down with a neuropathy surge from hell. Covid damages nerves and after back to back infections between February and April…I’ve been wrecked.

It’s eased off finally so I can get to work on this thing. I am going to do everything I’ve learned over the last few months to make this car solid. Not ‘send it to the moon’ solid but general bashing solid. Got my Noto for sending. This will be my daily basher.

First things first and first issue…getting the damn hex off with the copious amount of locktite used, so much that it had overflowed all round the grub screw. Man, I love this forum and all the tricks y’all share. The soldering iron really works. With my Noto I’d stripped a couple grub screws getting them off and it was a pain. Awhile back I’d saved an old soldering iron just for this use and after 7 minutes the grub screws came out fairly easy.

A6D70930-3BD8-42F6-9137-D80A6E16334B.jpeg

0463D7B4-4CAF-43F4-A387-25503B6F4CAC.jpeg

With the wheel hex off I replaced the inner wheel bearings first thing since the previous issue was fresh on my mind. Next I pulled the shocks and swapped them with the ones on the damaged Kraton since I’d topped them off. I’m also swapping bodies since I’d shoo gooed the other one.

I pulled the front diff and opened it up. I had not done the diffs on the other one yet. It was way easier then dealing with a 3s diff. I topped it off with 40k. It was half empty so figure adding that much 40k gives me roughly 28-30k up front. With the rear I’ll shoot for closer to 18-20k. I don’t need exact and don’t like wasting oil so…yeah. For the center though I’ll empty it and fill with 100k. I want that one exact for some reason.

Attachments

• 29F04F0E-1336-4797-AB31-9DD309AAB7F6.jpeg
    29F04F0E-1336-4797-AB31-9DD309AAB7F6.jpeg
    202.1 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back