BLX 100 or Firma 100 ESC?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

basher27

Reaction score
My esc on my Granite BLX went out and Horizon said they would send out a Firma 100 since the blx100 is on backorder. After getting off the phone with them I noticed that the Firma 100 cost about $20 less than the BLX100. I thought I was getting a upgrade but now im thinking am i taking a downgrade? Any thoughts?

You get the Smart function with the Firma ESC, which you don't get with the BLX. Other than that the specs are pretty much the same between the Firma and the BLX.

Based on my experience blx all the way. I have 1 blx esc go out. 7 firma esc's go out

You can always sell the firma when it arrives and buy a blx100 from a Breakers (like Jennys, or Badtouch, here in the UK). Or sell it and buy a 120A hobbywing Max10 SCT.

Last edited:
So it sounds like the Firma's aren't as reliable? Thats to bad. What about putting the BLX 120 in there? Can you still run a 2s in there. I go to a indoor track over the winter and you can only run 2s.

My take is that you’re overthinking this. Take the free firma and I’m sure you’ll be happy with it. It’s not worth spending money on something similar.

My esc on my Granite BLX went out and Horizon said they would send out a Firma 100 since the blx100 is on backorder. After getting off the phone with them I noticed that the Firma 100 cost about $20 less than the BLX100. I thought I was getting a upgrade but now im thinking am i taking a downgrade? Any thoughts?

Agree with @dure0016 take the free one. Each of us have different experiences and they are all valid....just to help users here. I removed all my BLX for Big Rock, Granite, Felony, and Infraction v1 to all Firma. I like the software firmware updates I do not get with the BLX and in some cases like the Firma 130A (Losi, BR, Granite) you can change LVC, not all FIRM ESC allow this. None of my Firma that I bought from Jenny's to replace has failed. Yes, it has happened to others and is possible with any device.

Just feedback you device but take the free one and see first...

I replaced my BLX's in my Granite and Typhon with the Firmas and I lost run time due to the higher LVC cutoff on both of them lol So you'll either have to get some lipo alarms and set them to 3.4 or whatever you are comfortable with, or wait for the patch. That's IF you get that high cutoff issue. I'm thinking of getting the 130a so I can adjust LVC on the fly

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back