Senton BLX 100 replacement?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ErieArrma

Military Veteran
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Mojave EXB
  3. Senton 3s
  4. Typhon 6s
Looks like my Senton 3s ESC went bad. I get blinking red lights, I’ve tried factory reset, making sure throttle is zeroed, etc. to no avail. I bought it from LHS a few months ago but don’t think I saved the receipt. Will try horizon warranty but it they won’t send a free replacement, what do you recommend? Blx 100 from Jenny’s is $47. Hobbywing max 10 is $53. Are these the same ESCs? Any other good options our there? Thanks!

Looks like my Senton 3s ESC went bad. I get blinking red lights, I’ve tried factory reset, making sure throttle is zeroed, etc. to no avail. I bought it from LHS a few months ago but don’t think I saved the receipt. Will try horizon warranty but it they won’t send a free replacement, what do you recommend? Blx 100 from Jenny’s is $47. Hobbywing max 10 is $53. Are these the same ESCs? Any other good options our there? Thanks!
The Hobbywing Max 10 for $53 is only a 60a ESC. The BLX 100 is 100a. Get the Max 10sct. It is a 120a ESC and has a switchable BEC.
And the Max 10sct can run 4s if the desire ever arises.

hobbywing max10 SCT, hobbywing makes insane ESC's that can take a heck of a lot of current and they are just better in general. kevin talbot made a video about it, he blew up 2 castle mamba X's and he grabbed a random hobbywing he had that was rated to handle even less current and it was perfectly fine.

Thank you, I’ll have to pick one up when I get sick of the blx 100 burning up! Is the pairing with the stock Arrma motor okay or do should I get the hobbywing motor as well?

HH might cover it. If you paid with a credit card, they might be able to find the purchase in the records. If not, get the BLX100 if you want stock, there are better brands though, like hobbywing.
Thank you, I’ll have to pick one up when I get sick of the blx 100 burning up! Is the pairing with the stock Arrma motor okay or do should I get the hobbywing motor as well?
It should run fine with the arrma motor. I don't know why it wouldn't. (y)

im not sure but it will probably pair alright, give it a shot and if not, then get a hobbywing motor because hobbywing also makes good motors :ROFLMAO:

Yes it works good with the Spektrum and original Arrma BLX motors. I just put a Hobbywing Max10sct in my Big Rock today. Runs great. And to be honest, Hobbywing makes the BLX 100 ESC. Just doesn't have the full programming features.

The Hobbywing Max 10 for $53 is only a 60a ESC. The BLX 100 is 100a. Get the Max 10sct. It is a 120a ESC and has a switchable BEC.
And the Max 10sct can run 4s if the desire ever arises.
This idea in my opinion, gives you the best performance now and the best options in the future...... For what it's worth

HH might cover it. If you paid with a credit card, they might be able to find the purchase in the records. If not, get the BLX100 if you want stock, there are better brands though, like hobbywing.

It should run fine with the arrma motor. I don't know why it wouldn't. (y)
HH sending me a new BLX 100, quick phone call... few questions asked. So that’s cool. Nice to know they care!

Get the Max 10sct. It is a 120a ESC and has a switchable BEC.
And the Max 10sct can run 4s if the desire ever arises
I just looked up the max10 sct and the specs state maximum 3656 size motor, which is smaller than the stock BLX motor. Are people running bigger motors without issue?

Yeah, HH is great!

Whatcha doing with the old one?
Were you able to figure out what was wrong with the flashing red LED issue? My first warranty replacement BLX100 failed this way. HH wound up sending me a Firma 120 and so far so good. I wonder if there's a firmware update hack for the BLX100?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back