Kraton BLX 120 esc low voltage cutoff

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rocketzx1

Very Active Member
Military Veteran
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 4s
  2. Nero
  3. Outcast 4s
  4. Senton 3s
  5. Talion EXB
  6. Infraction 4x4
Hey all. Can anyone tell me what the low voltage cutoff for the BLX 120 esc is? Manual says 3.4, but when I go to balance my lipos they are at 3.8v per cell. Is this normal? Or is my esc kicking in low voltage cutoff early? Thanks

Btw, I’m new to the brushless scene, been running nitro! Thanks

Higher is better dude, I wouldn’t be complaining! Then again that is a bit high. Hey at least your batteries will last absolutely forever lol.

Hey all. Can anyone tell me what the low voltage cutoff for the BLX 120 esc is? Manual says 3.4, but when I go to balance my lipos they are at 3.8v per cell. Is this normal? Or is my esc kicking in low voltage cutoff early? Thanks

Btw, I’m new to the brushless scene, been running nitro! Thanks

Your cells may hit 3.4 under load, and then recover to a higher voltage later.

They are Awanfi 2s 5000mah 60c lipos. They balance to 4.199 and 4.198. From what I’ve read that’s pretty good. I just didn’t know if I had done something wrong or if that’s normal

If your run time doesn't seem short I wouldn't worry about it. Look at it this way if it performs well and seems to last awhile 3.8 is storage charge voltage which is actually pretty good not having to charge it up to storage voltage after use. But I will echo under load voltage will drop. If have some packs that are over 4 years old, seen capacity diminish and resting voltage be higher than some newer packs after lvc.

The batteries voltage sags under load, meaning that under load your ESC does measure 3.4 or under, the higher quality is the lipo, the less it sags. yours sags quite a bit. My SMC measure 3.3/3.4 on LVC.

Last edited:
can you guys confirm for sure that LVC on the 4s Kraton is set to 3.4v per cell?

I try to never drive all the way to LVC if I can help it. The manual say 3.4, but this isnt the first ive read of someones stopping in the 3.7 to 3.8 range. I even saw somehwere that it was actually set at 3.7. Ive watched and read so much stuff the last couple weeks that I Cant remember.
so conflicting info for me. lol

Thank you

Its listed here..

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191218-030619_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20191218-030619_Samsung Internet.jpg
    158.4 KB · Views: 105
yep, thats the manual I was referring to as well.
I have however seen incorrect info in manuals, and with the conflicting info I gathered from websites and youtube I wanted to see if anyone had solid confirmation on the blx120.

yep, thats the manual I was referring to as well.
I have however seen incorrect info in manuals, and with the conflicting info I gathered from websites and youtube I wanted to see if anyone had solid confirmation on the blx120.

Call horizon and ask them, but I'm pretty sure they are going to tell you 3.4v... as stated earlier, if your getting decent run times I wouldnt worry about it... you want to know for sure when it kicks on set up a lipo alarm for 3.4 or 3.6 volts... if it rings off you know the battery is sagging that far and recovering that far...
I'd honestly prefer if every lvc kicked at 3.2v

Call horizon and ask them, but I'm pretty sure they are going to tell you 3.4v... as stated earlier, if your getting decent run times I wouldnt worry about it... you want to know for sure when it kicks on set up a lipo alarm for 3.4 or 3.6 volts... if it rings off you know the battery is sagging that far and recovering that far...
I'd honestly prefer if every lvc kicked at 3.2v

Voltage sag is a b**ch.

Thanks guys.
Only reasons i don like going 3.2 to 3.4 is i think its more rough on esc and motor to be running hard that long.
But hey, i guess thats what esc protection is for too, but still, i don't like that much heat for that long.
I think i will get a lipo alarm, ive been meaning too anyways.

Bash on men

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back