Blx 120 won’t do anything

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ardelag

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Outcast 4s
My outcast 4s with the stock blx 120 esc won’t move. It turns on green light flashes once for a second then goes straight to red flashing light. I’ve tried the factory reset but nothing changes. No steering of throttle. Hopefully I didn’t burn it up.

My outcast 4s with the stock blx 120 esc won’t move. It turns on green light flashes once for a second then goes straight to red flashing light. I’ve tried the factory reset but nothing changes. No steering of throttle. Hopefully I didn’t burn it up.
My Infraction stock ESC did the same thing. It's more than likely stuck in program mode and will need to be sent to Horizon. Hope you get it sorted bro! SUCKS when things like that happen! :rolleyes:

My Infraction stock ESC did the same thing. It's more than likely stuck in program mode and will need to be sent to Horizon. Hope you get it sorted bro! SUCKS when things like that happen! :rolleyes:
Well dam. Should I upgrade my esc or are we just unlucky.

Well dam. Should I upgrade my esc or are we just unlucky.
I'd send it to Horizon for warranty for sure. You should get a replacement or they'll fix that one. The Arrma ESC's are normally pretty good. I've only had a couple die out of nowhere like that in that past 3 years. Sometimes they just crap out! :unsure:If money isn't an issue, I'd go ahead and buy one to get you by. You can always upgrade to a Hobbywing Quickrun or even put in a blx185. Jenny's rc usually has a pretty good deal on them if in stock. Sorry to hear that man it sucks not to be able to run your truck!

I
I'd send it to Horizon for warranty for sure. You should get a replacement or they'll fix that one. The Arrma ESC's are normally pretty good. I've only had a couple die out of nowhere like that in that past 3 years. Sometimes they just crap out! :unsure:If money isn't an issue, I'd go ahead and buy one to get you by. You can always upgrade to a Hobbywing Quickrun or even put in a blx185. Jenny's rc usually has a pretty good deal on them if in stock. Sorry to hear that man it sucks not to be able to run your truck!
may be stuck just upgrading cuz I altered the plugs from the normal two plug for 2 2s to just one 4s t plug, which I’m pretty sure will nitch my warranty. But the blx 180 and 185 I can make a loop for the stock t plugs. But I guess breakdowns are part of the hobby. I really do appreciate the help tho. Live and learn.

The deans plugs may be part of your issue. They are terrible connectors. You really should be using XT90 or EC5 ends. Change your batteries to the proper ends and replace the ESC.

I doubt that there is any way to repair these BLX esc's. Except for the fan and sometimes the switch. If the esc powers on in setup mode, it may just be the switch itself with a bad setup button always in the on position/ pressed position. Play with the setup button for a while. Then try powering on several times.
Usually but not always, Horizon doesn't want it back for warranty purposes. They just need to establish that the warranty is in effect with Proof of purchase. And maybe a picture if they ask for it. Best to call directly by phone.(y)

I doubt that there is any way to repair these BLX esc's. Except for the fan and sometimes the switch. If the esc powers on in setup mode, it may just be the switch itself with a bad setup button always in the on position/ pressed position. Play with the setup button for a while. Then try powering on several times.
Usually but not always, Horizon doesn't want it back for warranty purposes. They just need to establish that the warranty is in effect with Proof of purchase. And maybe a picture if they ask for it. Best to call directly by phone.(y)
For me they wanted proof of purchase my adress and pictures of the damage or video and they send you new esc
So i can rest in peace for 2 years if something bad happen to electronics

Sooooo I guess this isn’t gonna make anyone happy who replied. I will keep all your suggestions in mind for the future, It turns out my receiver was the component that was faulty. I will try to warranty it as a spare but it was my fault for labeling the forum as an esc problem. I thank all of your input.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back