BLX 180 Motor Failure

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kennay

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
Has anyone else experienced this? My ESC quit working the other day on the 3rd lipo pack, and earlier today I was able to get it working pretty normally through disconnecting and rebinding. On my 4th lipo pack (Total since new) today, I noticed my Senton started having a bad delay in throttle response and I could smell electrical burning from about 20ft away. I ran over, ripped the cover off, and thankfully there was no fire. Upon closer inspection, I tried rolling it back and forth and I could see huge movement in the motor shaft. The pinion is chewed up, my diff. gear also, and it rubbed a bit of the motor/diff mount away. I just ordered a replacement ESC last night (So I wouldn't have to wait on Arrma warranty), and now I'm going to have to order a new motor as well or wait weeks to have the truck running again.

I finally got a hobby grade RC and it is a POS!!! I just want to drive this thing!

I ordered a HW MAX8 esc, and I am debating on which motor to pair with it. It sucks because I could have gotten an ESC/motor combo and saved a few bucks, but not now. And to think, i bought the Senton so I wouldn't' have to upgrade a ton of stuff right from the start... yea right.

Can anyone suggest a replacement motor?

Castle?
Leopard?
Hobby wing?

Are they all going to be about the same?

The problem with the warranty claim is that I won't be able to use the truck for a few weeks so my immediate concern is finding a replacement to get me up and running again. I will file a warranty claim, but I damn sure will not rely on Arrma electronics anymore, even if it is an updated system!

I already ordered the HW Max8. It's in route, and part of the reason im pissed is because the motor in the Senton has now poop the bed, and I can't get an ESC/ motor combo deal. I have to buy a motor separately.

I run the Castle MMX/2200kv combo in my Senton. I had the MM2 in my Kraton. When I purchased both my ARRMA cars, I knew that the esc's were a weak link. The stock 2050kv motor on the other hand, is a very good motor. If you can find a 2200kv motor out of a Traxxas, HPI or Axial, I believe they are all actually Castle motors.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back