BLX 185 battery connect

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cheez

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
  2. Mojave EXB
  3. Nero
  4. Senton 3s
I’m expecting Kraton EXB and a Mojave 6 in September ? , my first Arrma purchase since Nero/diff 2016, so I’m a little out of touch. I’ve purchased all the electronics for the EXB and put it all together only to find this
8CE400FB-7C68-4F67-ADFB-B6E8939CB4D4.jpeg

These are the batteries I us in Nero. So do I have to buy new batteries or are there connectors/adapters out there?

You can use adapters. Many people on here discourage it because of the additional resistance that is introduced into the circuit. Personally, I would expect it to be not too much of an issue.

The "clean" solution would be soldering new connectors either onto your new ESCs or the Lipos.

Cut the IC5s off and solder on some XT90s, done! Or get someone to do it if you're not versed in the dark arts of manipulating molten lead.

(You can get adapters but I'm one of those people that don't like adapters, obviously) :D

New to this...... IC5 is on the ESC and XT90 is on the batteries , correct? Cutting connections off the esc gives me the heebiee jeebies.
I assume ther are batteries with IC5 connection.
checking the web as soon as I post this.

Yup, Arrma switched to IC5s.

Look for EC5, it's the older standard without the Spektrum smart stuff, IC5 compatible. Batteries will probably come with EC5. Except overpriced Spektrums.

Cutting and soldering is a part of the hobby.

Yep, have done my fair share of soldering rc electronics.
Spektrum RC 3S Smart LiPo Hard Case 50C Battery Pack w/IC5 Connector?
So it wouldn’t hurt me ?? to pick up new batteries for new rig.
I know there’s a bazillion opinions, so plz everyone chime in..

Cutting connections off the esc gives me the heebiee jeebies.
I feel you :LOL: How about soldering EC5 to the lipos instead? Those are really easy to solder.

Yep, have done my fair share of soldering rc electronics.
Spektrum RC 3S Smart LiPo Hard Case 50C Battery Pack w/IC5 Connector?
So it wouldn’t hurt me ?? to pick up new batteries for new rig.
I know there’s a bazillion opinions, so plz everyone chime in..
Those are SEVERELY overpriced in my opinion. But EC5 options can be rare. Where I'm at, gensacearespammers sell their "basher" series with EC5. I own 4 of those and have no complaints. They are about half the price of the Spektrums.

gensacearespammers 11.1V 5500mAh 3S 60C LiPo Battery: EC5 ?
How much are they asking for those? The "regular" gensacearespammers (non-basher-line) is a little more expensive I think. Haven't used them, but a have seen a bunch of people recommending them es well.

Maybe some Americans can chime in. Brands and prices are different over here in Europe.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back