Register and gain access to Discussions, Reviews, Tech Tips, How to Articles, and much more - on the largest Arrma RC community for RC enthusiasts that covers all aspects of the Arrma-RC brand!

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

BLX 185 esc - Hobby Wing equivalent?

Discussion in 'Talion' started by Steve Brx, Apr 15, 2018.

1. Steve Brx

Steve Brx Active Member

Arrma RC's:
    Talion
    I read somewhere that the BLX185 ESC is a re-branded Hobby Wing. I can't find that article despite a good trawl so does anyone out there know if this is the case, and if so, what the hobbywing model/ part number is?

Thanks.

2. jeffhengesbach

jeffhengesbach Well-Known Member

Arrma RC's:
    BigRock, Kraton, Senton
  3. Jerry-rigged

Jerry-rigged Premium Member!
    Premium Member

Arrma RC's:
    Kraton, Typhon, 4x4-Mega
    Yes, Quickrun150, but the firmware is different - Arrma removed some programing options.

Also, the BLX200 is the MAX8. But same thing, Arrma nerfed the firmware, removing options.

4. Steve Brx

Steve Brx Active Member

Arrma RC's:
    Talion
    Guys, that's great, many thanks for the information. My Talion esc went up in smoke following a melted dean's connector. I have purchased a new BLX 185, but saw the Quicrun on eBay for a very suspicious CA$33, new. I've bought it anyway, however not entirely confident that it'll turn up! Handy spare for that money if it does.

Thanks again.

5. RCjamjam

RCjamjam Well-Known Member

Arrma RC's:
    Kraton, Talion
    I confirm QuicRun 150 is the best option

6. Megasty

Megasty Well-Known Member

Arrma RC's:
    Fazon, Granite, Kraton, Nero, Outcast, Raider, Senton, Talion, Typhon, 4x4-Mega
    The cheapest brushless Quicrun 150a ESC on eBay is ~$70. Make sure you didn't pick up the brushed 150a ESC instead as it is about ~$20.

7. Typhon

Typhon Well-Known Member

Arrma RC's:
    Typhon
    I find it odd thats its a rebranded hobbywing. I hear of nobody having issues with their hobbywing escs but yet arrmas blx escs go up in smoke all the time and each revision is never a fix.

8. Megasty

Arrma RC's:
    People just don't talk about them frying too much. I've had 2 Quicrun 150's, 3 60a, a max8 & max6 flame up on me. While in the Arrma camp, I've had a blx180, blx185, & 3 blx200's do the same. My most reliable HW product by far is the blx185. Out of the 9 I have, only 1 has smoked. But at least Arrma backs HW's junk while it might take months to deal with HWs warranty directly if you didn't end up with a fake or clone.

9. chevys10zr2003

chevys10zr2003 Well-Known Member

Arrma RC's:
    Kraton, Senton, Typhon
    So I am guessing that you don't think too highly of Hobbywing LOL, so what is your preferred brand of ESC?

10. Megasty

Arrma RC's:
    HW has some of the best bang for your buck ESCs in my book. It's the only RTR ESC you can set on the fly. I just don't like ESCs in general. Even Tekin & Orion are grenades. Castle don't even list the amps on theirs unless you go XLX or better.

chevys10zr2003 likes this.

Users found this page by searching for:

1. blx-185 arrma.rc.com

• Welcome to Arrma Forum

Arrma Forum is a Arrma RC fan site that was started to give Arrma RC enthusiasts a place to come together and discuss and share their experiences with the entire Arrma-RC product line, such as the Arrma Kraton, Arrma Talion, and Arrma Granite.

We welcome all Arrma RC enthusiasts, both new and old, racers and bashers that share a common goal - a willingness to help and learn.
  • Disclaimer