Talion BLX 185 esc - Hobby Wing equivalent?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve Brx

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
I read somewhere that the BLX185 ESC is a re-branded Hobby Wing. I can't find that article despite a good trawl so does anyone out there know if this is the case, and if so, what the hobbywing model/ part number is?

Thanks.

Yes, Quickrun150, but the firmware is different - Arrma removed some programing options.

Also, the BLX200 is the MAX8. But same thing, Arrma nerfed the firmware, removing options.

Guys, that's great, many thanks for the information. My Talion esc went up in smoke following a melted dean's connector. I have purchased a new BLX 185, but saw the Quicrun on eBay for a very suspicious CA$33, new. I've bought it anyway, however not entirely confident that it'll turn up! Handy spare for that money if it does.

Thanks again.

Guys, that's great, many thanks for the information. My Talion esc went up in smoke following a melted dean's connector. I have purchased a new BLX 185, but saw the Quicrun on eBay for a very suspicious CA$33, new. I've bought it anyway, however not entirely confident that it'll turn up! Handy spare for that money if it does.

Thanks again.
The cheapest brushless Quicrun 150a ESC on eBay is ~$70. Make sure you didn't pick up the brushed 150a ESC instead as it is about ~$20.

I find it odd thats its a rebranded hobbywing. I hear of nobody having issues with their hobbywing escs but yet arrmas blx escs go up in smoke all the time and each revision is never a fix.

I find it odd thats its a rebranded hobbywing. I hear of nobody having issues with their hobbywing escs but yet arrmas blx escs go up in smoke all the time and each revision is never a fix.

People just don't talk about them frying too much. I've had 2 Quicrun 150's, 3 60a, a max8 & max6 flame up on me. While in the Arrma camp, I've had a blx180, blx185, & 3 blx200's do the same. My most reliable HW product by far is the blx185. Out of the 9 I have, only 1 has smoked. But at least Arrma backs HW's junk while it might take months to deal with HWs warranty directly if you didn't end up with a fake or clone.

People just don't talk about them frying too much. I've had 2 Quicrun 150's, 3 60a, a max8 & max6 flame up on me. While in the Arrma camp, I've had a blx180, blx185, & 3 blx200's do the same. My most reliable HW product by far is the blx185. Out of the 9 I have, only 1 has smoked. But at least Arrma backs HW's junk while it might take months to deal with HWs warranty directly if you didn't end up with a fake or clone.
So I am guessing that you don't think too highly of Hobbywing LOL, so what is your preferred brand of ESC?

So I am guessing that you don't think too highly of Hobbywing LOL, so what is your preferred brand of ESC?

HW has some of the best bang for your buck ESCs in my book. It's the only RTR ESC you can set on the fly. I just don't like ESCs in general. Even Tekin & Orion are grenades. Castle don't even list the amps on theirs unless you go XLX or better.

What is a good motor to pair with the Hobbywing Quicrun WP - BL150?

I'm looking at Castle 1515 2200kv motors, but they all seem to be coming from China on ebay. Any other suggestions?

I plan to drop it into a proline pro mt 4x4.

What is a good motor to pair with the Hobbywing Quicrun WP - BL150?

I'm looking at Castle 1515 2200kv motors, but they all seem to be coming from China on ebay. Any other suggestions?

I plan to drop it into a proline pro mt 4x4.

I would look at the Arrma BLX185 or the Hobbywing 4274 2200kv motor.

I own two kind of hobbywing 150A. There is the WP8BL150 RTR, which is cheap (~50$), has 5 parameters and there isn't quicrun written on it. And there is the quicrun WP8BL150 which has 12 parameters. The BLX185 is the basic WP8BL150 RTR.

Take care when you buy this ESC, many shop say that it is a quicrun when it is the basic version.

what mo
I own two kind of hobbywing 150A. There is the WP8BL150 RTR, which is cheap (~50$), has 5 parameters and there isn't quicrun written on it. And there is the quicrun WP8BL150 which has 12 parameters. The BLX185 is the basic WP8BL150 RTR.

what motor do you run with these escs? Where did you buy them (if not lhs)?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back