BLX 185 ESC LVC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swhitney

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
I am running newer 6s 5000 MAh Pulse batteries that were 65c in a Kraton 1/8 scale. My Kraton has more recently started going into low voltage cutoff or limp mode. The manual only shows you how to set your end points, is there a way to also remove the low voltage cutoff? Is there a separate manual that I can't seem to find?

Thank you,
Sean

You don't want to go below LVC, it can damage the batteries.

Are you implying it goes to LVC when you wouldn't expect it to?

You don't want to go below LVC, it can damage the batteries.

Are you implying it goes to LVC when you wouldn't expect it to?

It's going into LVC when the batteries are still at 60 %. I think it's hitting the LVC only on hard speed runs, but the batteries and ESC should be capable.

Sounds like voltage sag. Are you using battery adapters?

It's going into LVC when the batteries are still at 60 %. I think it's hitting the LVC only on hard speed runs, but the batteries and ESC should be capable.
What are the voltages of the cells?

I bet you are not going into LVC but your ESC is going into thermal shutdown.
If you can cycle power, it comes back and you can run again for a couple minutes that is simple overheating.

Gear down, slow down or wait for winter.

Yes you could try better cooling. Unless you are willing to do some mods save your money, any fan that fits in stock housing will not help. I've tried them (almost) all.

Sounds like voltage sag. Are you using battery adapters?

Battery adapters? Are we talking about battery plugs? I'm using PRC8s from progressive RC, all my RC 700 size RC helicopters use them.
I bet you are not going into LVC but your ESC is going into thermal shutdown.
If you can cycle power, it comes back and you can run again for a couple minutes that is simple overheating.

Gear down, slow down or wait for winter.

Yes you could try better cooling. Unless you are willing to do some mods save your money, any fan that fits in stock housing will not help. I've tried them (almost) all.

I thought thermal shutdown literally shut down the ESC and vehicle, whereas LVC put's the ESC in limp mode 1/4 throttle?

Yes, limp mode is voltage. Thermal shutdown will turn it all off until you cycle power.
If you are straight plug i.e. no fancy adapter between battery plug and ESC plug you are good as well.

Do you have a charger that can tell you the IR (Internal resistance) value of each cell? If all you write is accurate, one cell must be damaged (high IR).
If you have previously run your cells down to LVC on a regular basis, that will do it.

Battery adapters? Are we talking about battery plugs? I'm using PRC8s from progressive RC, all my RC 700 size RC helicopters use them.

I meant an adapter as in the ESC and battery have different types of plugs (doesn't seem so based on what you said).

Problem could be the batteries. Do you have multiple sets, and if so does the same thing happen on all? Like jkflow stated, check what the IR shows on the batteries if your charger has that functionality.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back