BLX 185 ESC NiMH Mode Not Functioning

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know it's an old thread...
But I have the same problem, I can't go in the nimh mode...
Everything else is programmable :unsure:

What was your solution?

Why do you need NiMH mode tho? You can always run NiMH packs in lipo mode. It will just hit LVC before the NiMH is truly done.

Why do you need NiMH mode tho? You can always run NiMH packs in lipo mode. It will just hit LVC before the NiMH is truly done.

It's is not the question why I need it, the question is why it don't work ;)
I want to use 5S Lipo's, the esc thinks it is a 6S pack so the cut off comes really quick...
So I want to go with the nimh mode and my low voltage beeper ;)

It's is not the question why I need it, the question is why it don't work ;)
I want to use 5S Lipo's, the esc thinks it is a 6S pack so the cut off comes really quick...
So I want to go with the nimh mode and my low voltage beeper ;)
Yes that’s the way to do it. Hope that buzzer works well. Don’t worry, if the buzzer doesn’t let you know, the battery surely will ????

@Will89
Did you ever find a solution? I find myself looking to try something similar to test a theory.
I noticed the later product manuals changed and no longer show NiMH as an option. I suspect they thought it was an option and never actually was....

@Will89
Did you ever find a solution? I find myself looking to try something similar to test a theory.
I noticed the later product manuals changed and no longer show NiMH as an option. I suspect they thought it was an option and never actually was....
Tried last night several times and simply wont let me get into NiMH mode. I suspect this was only possibly on V1 and V2 models or something like that. O well!

Tried last night several times and simply wont let me get into NiMH mode. I suspect this was only possibly on V1 and V2 models or something like that. O well!
Yep we figured out V3 and later this was removed. Only the V2 BLX185 has the NiMH option, as the V1 was the BLX180.

Yep we figured out V3 and later this was removed. Only the V2 BLX185 has the NiMH option, as the V1 was the BLX180.
I think I have given up on it, but I believe making that change would allow the ESC to not cut power at 95ish mph.
So if you wanted some title like "fastest BLX electronics" that would be a possible way to get there.
Now that I ordered the MMX8s I don't care anymore :ROFLMAO:

I think I have given up on it, but I believe making that change would allow the ESC to not cut power at 95ish mph.
So if you wanted some title like "fastest BLX electronics" that would be a possible way to get there.
Now that I ordered the MMX8s I don't care anymore :ROFLMAO:
Yep I was trying to do the same when mine was cutting out. I think I overcame the amp limiting with the Jag body as I haven’t had it cut out since.

The BLX ESC's are very limited. Pushing the limits requires better upgrades with real parameter adjustments.

The BLX ESC's are very limited. Pushing the limits requires better upgrades with real parameter adjustments.
Kill Mode RC took one into the 115-120 range and I was looking to decode his secret. I believe using a v2 blx185 on NiMH mode was the key. O' well moving on to bigger and better projects on 8s now!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back