BLX 185 ESC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMandavy

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
HELP!!! My Blx 185 ESC that I just put in my V1 Kraton just continues to blink a red led, I have steering but no throttle....would any of you boys or girls be able to point me in the right direction to rectify problem.
Cheers

I think I'm having this same exact problem. I just opened my Senton today. Charged up my Lipo. Took it out to a dirt field for a first run. At first it was ballistic fast and I couldn't believe it. Then it seemed to slow. It would drive at a slower rate. Not really any punch and definitely no speed. It would drive at a slow rate and then all of a sudden I would have no control of the acceleration and it would auto break as if a failsafe went on. if I turn of the esc and then turn it back on the same process repeats. Balistic, Slow, Off. But I still have control of the steering servo the whole time.

Edit: I forgot to mention that it also keeps blinking Red after this happens. Flash.... Flash.... Flash... Flash. Ya know what I mean?

Last edited:
I fixed my problem.. I was got frustrated and started pressing the set button a bunch and I guess I reset the ESC and so for 40 seconds or so the motor did little twitches and the esc blinked and then BOOM! I'm ripping up the world again!!!! Freaking beast!!

Wish you the best of luck SMandavy!

I have the 185, just put it in Saturday morning (yesterday) , ran it about 15 minutes. Charged my batteries back up this morning so i could run it after church and all i get us blinking red light. Servo works fine but motor isn't doing anything....PLEASE HELP SOMEONE.

I have the 185, just put it in Saturday morning (yesterday) , ran it about 15 minutes. Charged my batteries back up this morning so i could run it after church and all i get us blinking red light. Servo works fine but motor isn't doing anything....PLEASE HELP SOMEONE.
I'm pretty sure I had the same problem as you. Try resetting the ESC. I don't really know how I did it but it worked for me. The motor started doing 3tooth turns for about 40 seconds (it was resetting) and then it stopped and then my motor worked fine. I don't recall how I reset the ESC because I was just frustrated and pushing the 'set' button but I believe I Held the set button and it just started resetting. Wish you luck! Tell me what happens!

I'm pretty sure I had the same problem as you. Try resetting the ESC. I don't really know how I did it but it worked for me. The motor started doing 3tooth turns for about 40 seconds (it was resetting) and then it stopped and then my motor worked fine. I don't recall how I reset the ESC because I was just frustrated and pushing the 'set' button but I believe I Held the set button and it just started resetting. Wish you luck! Tell me what happens!

Thank you brother I'll try that. I tried everything i could last night including that but maybe today will have better results. I've put a lot in this car, just got my new body finished and put the SRC Terrain crushers on it..It looks AMAZING but doesn't move lol

I fixed my problem.. I was got frustrated and started pressing the set button a bunch and I guess I reset the ESC and so for 40 seconds or so the motor did little twitches and the esc blinked and then BOOM! I'm ripping up the world again!!!! Freaking beast!!

Wish you the best of luck SMandavy!
SentonMan....mate I just brought a new Rx/Tx and off I went, I will try your trick and keep the stock one as a spare...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back