BLX 185 ESC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chevys10zr2003

Very Active Member
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Senton 6s
  3. Typhon 6s
Does anybody know if there is a toubleshooting manual for the BLX 185 ESC in the Typhon that goes over what all of the blinking light sequences means? It was blinking red like once every two to three seconds and am wondering if that is the low voltage cutoff or if it's the thermal protection.

The thermo shut down will reset if you turn off and on, if its lvc then it will stay in lvc.

The thermo shut down will reset if you turn off and on, if its lvc then it will stay in lvc.
I shut it off and turned it back on and it would run for like 10 seconds and shut down again. Is it common to have the thermal shut down activate? I've never had this problem on my Senton.

I shut it off and turned it back on and it would run for like 10 seconds and shut down again. Is it common to have the thermal shut down activate? I've never had this problem on my Senton.
What is the battery voltage and cell volt, it should shutdown around 3.4 v per cell.The thermal shut down is somewhere around 225/250f for the esc , motor has no thermal protection.

What is the battery voltage and cell volt, it should shutdown around 3.4 v per cell
Yes the batteries were at the low voltage cutoff but I just thought it was weird that I didn't get "limp" mode when it got close. It just died and then I would shut it off and turn it back on and it would run for like 1I seconds. Could it maybe be the voltage dropping under load that was causing it?

Yes the batteries were at the low voltage cutoff but I just thought it was weird that I didn't get "limp" mode when it got close. It just died and then I would shut it off and turn it back on and it would run for like 1I seconds. Could it maybe be the voltage dropping under load that was causing it?
What battery are you using, if less than 50c it might be dropping under load?

What battery are you using, if less than 50c it might be dropping under load?
I was using two 3 cell 5200mah 50c lectron pro batteries. They are a couple years old so they might be kind of weakening. I'll it again tomorrow on 4s and see if I have any problems with it.

My first running of the BLX 185 this weekend in my Typhon.. i had the same thing happen. I think it's LVC

Whereas the BLX180 would slow down and you could limp around, the BLX basically just shuts off.

I thought it was thermo shut down but nothing was hot and it ran fine with a new pack.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back