BLX 185 intermittent power / glitch?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shingo

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Anyone had an issue like this?

When I hit the throttle forward, sometime it doesn't register. I can bring the trigger in 100% FWD position and nothing happens. I can see the red light on the ESC from the receiver telling the ESC to go forward but nothing happen. I can then just release the trigger and hit it again and it will then work as usual.

I would say this issue happens about 1/10 of the time. If I'm moving, it won't happen, just when I start from the neutral position.

Thank you

I'm dealing with this on a Hobbywing Max8, which is fairly similar (blx185 is also made by hobbywing). I see the red and green lights come on, but no motor movement. A short pause and then it works again. Happens even when the motor is disconnected. Everything is pointing to a faulty capacitor or possibly dry solder joint.

Do you get the same esc lights?

I'm going to try moving the cap pack closer to the base of power connectors then resoldering/replacing the onboard caps.

Keep us posted if you work it out.
J

I haven’t tried to recently recalibrate the remote. I will do it again.

my remote is a radio link RC4GS with a R6FG receiver. It has been working lawlessly for the past 2 months.
I don’t want to be a bearer of bad news, but it sounds like the issues I had with the Radiolink RC6GS. Hope I’m wrong. They only offer ship in repairs. To China.

I tried to just recalibrate the remote and it worked flawlessly. I'm not sure if it is a coincidence or not, but I ran a full 6S 6000mah pack without one glitch.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back