Limitless BLX 185 issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cuzboss

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Senton 6s
Was doing some fine tuning on my workbench and the red LED on the esc quit working. No throttle, no reverse, but the fan runs and steering works. Changed the receiver and still doesn't work. I have the Tactic TTX300 in it currently because I wasnt having luck with the TQI. Anything I’m missing here?

That's weird... does the switch work on/off? Is your motor connected to it? What lipos are you using?

Yes the switch works and im running two 3S 5200mah 65C batteries and the motor is connected. As i was testing it, the motor and led quit.

Yes. Even tried it on a single 3S. Nothing.

The throttle was already calibrated it just stopped. The LED wont light up when i press the throttle nor when i hit the brakes or reverse.
Yes a newer esc by the way. Not even a full run on it. Had the traxxas radio in then swapped it for the tactic

Try a factory reset... switch on the ESC, then hold the set button down for 4-5 seconds. The red and green LED should flash

You can also try leaving the ESC with the switch in the ON position with no battery connected and try it again in a few minutes (this drains the capacitors). If you were running it in the wet beforehand, leave the car or just the ESC/motor/receiver to dry next to a fan heater for a few hours and try it the next day

Check your ESC's receiver wire and plug too. Unplug the fan and the motor wires from the ESC as well, in case it's interfering in some way

If this doesn't work then you most likely have a faulty ESC

Edit: just read above you have throttle, just no red LED? Does it drive?

Actually that's reminded me, have you tried calibrating your transmitter/receiver? You might have to set the throttle points. On (most) radios you can set full throttle/full brake/full right/full left. Can't remember but you might need a bind plug for calibration mode depending on the radio.

I would check that seeing as you swapped them out

No it doesn't drive. It worked perfectly till yesterday and all of a sudden out of nowhere while it was on and running the throttle quit and the LED didnt glow. Anytime you give it throttle/brake or reverse it lights up and now im getting nothing. Its a tactic TTX300.

Do you have another tx you can try?
I know you said you tried a different rx.
Just wondering if it’s maybe the transmitter...
if it’s not the tx it’s most likely a bad esc.

I will try a different TX here shortly but the ESC is new and barely has a run on it and worked fine till now. This car has been a headache from range issues to this. I need a good radio with a receiver that I can put 3 fans in. That flysky GT5 is looking very good to me... if nothing works then im installing my MXL6-S system in this vehicle.

So no go on the GT5 then? Looks like an insane bang for the buck.

I have a question not related to this one sorry just can't get any reply from anyone else. So here's my problem I just bought my first Arrma Limitless as you know it's a roller so I bought all arrma electronics to go into it. 185 blx 2050 kv motor all the recommended items that they suggest on the box right.

Ok so I hook everything up and I have no issues with anything until I go and try to mount the motor. I put on the pinion that came with the limitless and the spool that is stock from the limitless and I'm using the recommended 2050kv motor and the pinion is way off from even touching the spool by atleast 3mm give or take a mm ..

So I called tech support and we sat at the computer he gave me the part numbers to the parts and they all match none are made wrong none are installed wrong so he couldn't help me. Please tell me someone knows why this is? What can I do to fix this issue does anyone know?

Thank you for your time and sorry for crashing this post with a unrelated issue I just need answers kinda desperate at this point.

The stock pinion and spool should mesh perfectly when the motor mount is maxed out to the center section. Make sure nothing is in the way.

I have a question not related to this one sorry just can't get any reply from anyone else. So here's my problem I just bought my first Arrma Limitless as you know it's a roller so I bought all arrma electronics to go into it. 185 blx 2050 kv motor all the recommended items that they suggest on the box right.

Ok so I hook everything up and I have no issues with anything until I go and try to mount the motor. I put on the pinion that came with the limitless and the spool that is stock from the limitless and I'm using the recommended 2050kv motor and the pinion is way off from even touching the spool by atleast 3mm give or take a mm ..

So I called tech support and we sat at the computer he gave me the part numbers to the parts and they all match none are made wrong none are installed wrong so he couldn't help me. Please tell me someone knows why this is? What can I do to fix this issue does anyone know?

Thank you for your time and sorry for crashing this post with a unrelated issue I just need answers kinda desperate at this point.
Is there a possibility you have to motor plate flipped around? I don’t own a Limitless to know if that’s even a thing, but I could see it happening.

Here's my pictures do you see anything not right?
Is there a possibility you have to motor plate flipped around? I don’t own a Limitless to know if that’s even a thing, but I could see it happening.
No don't think so I put pictures in the post below hoping someone can help ..

Attachments

• 20200407_143036_HDR.jpg
    20200407_143036_HDR.jpg
    279.8 KB · Views: 38
  • 20200407_143026_HDR.jpg
    20200407_143026_HDR.jpg
    242.7 KB · Views: 42
  • 20200407_142913_HDR.jpg
    20200407_142913_HDR.jpg
    222 KB · Views: 47
  • 20200407_143011_HDR.jpg
    20200407_143011_HDR.jpg
    167.2 KB · Views: 49
  • 20200407_142958_HDR.jpg
    20200407_142958_HDR.jpg
    189.3 KB · Views: 41
  • 20200407_142924_HDR.jpg
    20200407_142924_HDR.jpg
    309 KB · Views: 44

I don't have a Limitless, but have you tried the different mounting holes on the motor? I think there's 6 or 8 holes (3 or 4 pairs)

Also (despite it should being able to be fit or not) that pinion/spur gear ratio may be too high for a 2050kv motor. I doubt it will ever reach full throttle with that setup, and will cog a lot at low speeds and may overheat pretty quickly

There's a larger 39t spur (and smaller pinions) for a lower gear ratio that Arrma sells that would be more suitable for the 2050kv

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back