Senton Blx 185 low voltage cutoff

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DoNoHarm

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
Burned off some steam by doing a nighttime senton street bash. Car is awesome. It’s so overpowered that nothing ever gets hot and the batteries last forever! Basically the opposite of my e revo hah. Anyway, it hit lvc in my driveway after my run and when I took it in both batteries read 10.8 (3.6v/cell) did my batteries like major voltage drop or did they change the cutoff to 3.5/3.6? It says 3.2 but this is the first time I’ve hit lvc and that’s not the case for me. Surely batteries can’t drop .4v from sag right???

That doesn't seem out of the question. There are a number of factors that come into play, such as IR and how hard you were running.

Like 32F.. I’ve had voltage drop from being out in the cold and then it comes up when it’s warm, but not this severe

I was running HARD. Maybe it was a combo of these batteries having high IR, it being cold out, and me running it super hard.

I brought this up in a different thread once, and someone mentioned it was likely similar to the voltage drop or something of that nature. Like the esc was grabbing for more power near the end, and it wasn't there, therefore hitting lvc prematurely. It was also very cold that day, and I was running and jumping in the snow. Blx 185 was mated to a 2650kv motor, 20/48 combo on 4s 5000maH 50c. Both 2s batteries registered at about the same 3.4 or 3.5 when checked after the run.

Yup I guess it was just voltage sag as you experienced.

I usually run into that if I am hitting the throttle hard near the end. If I shut it off and turn it back on, I can drive easy for 3-4 minutes, then it goes to LVC and stays. Now though, knowing that's not the best thing for the lipo's, I just power down and swap them out vs having a couple more minutes of mediocre throttle response.

I was running HARD. Maybe it was a combo of these batteries having high IR, it being cold out, and me running it super hard.

That’s the trifecta.

Last edited:
Burned off some steam by doing a nighttime senton street bash. Car is awesome. It’s so overpowered that nothing ever gets hot and the batteries last forever! Basically the opposite of my e revo hah. Anyway, it hit lvc in my driveway after my run and when I took it in both batteries read 10.8 (3.6v/cell) did my batteries like major voltage drop or did they change the cutoff to 3.5/3.6? It says 3.2 but this is the first time I’ve hit lvc and that’s not the case for me. Surely batteries can’t drop .4v from sag right???
Sounds about right. My graphines will 3.5 after lvc, but most of my other packs show 3.6-3.7.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back