BLX 185 - Will it power the SMC 1900KV motor?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dingo

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
I quite honestly don't know what specs I need to be looking at to determine if a motor will work in my Talion. I'm looking at the SMC 1:8 scale 1900KV motor, and I'm unsure right now if the stock BLX 185 ESC will work to power this motor.

I'm not sure what specs to look for when determining power consumption, but I'm quite willing to learn if guided in the correct direction.

Motor Link: https://www.smc-racing.net/index.php?route=product/product&path=112_125&product_id=245

It will run the motor, but as unsensored. Several local racers run SMC motors, and say good things about them. Strong and cheap.

Good to know! I just wanted to make sure I wasn't going to melt my ESC or anything like that.

Although I wouldn't exactly be upset if I needed to upgrade. What are oriole saying a logical upgrade would be to mate with this motor? I'm running the stock 50T spur gear mattress to a RR 15T pinion. It currently feels a bit TOO fast in this current config, and I thought that the 1900KV might slow down a touch?

I just want something stable and reliable.

If you just want to slow it down, drop a smaller pinion in it. 1900kv vs the stock 2050kv - yeah it will slow it down a bit, but not much. And the new motor may have more torque, due to the larger diameter can.

Logical upgrade for that motor? a ESC with sensored ability. Hobbywing XR8, Tekin R8, or maybe a Castle MMX.

Hobbywing XR8, Tekin R8, or maybe a Castle MMX.

I've done a bit of research previously on the Castle MMX, but I'll have to look into the XR8. I've heard of Hobbywing before, but don't know much more about the business or how their reliability stacks up. Sounds like I have some research to do!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back