BLX 200 and an external BEC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

InSaYnE

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Nero
I've never installed a separate BEC before, but with the Nero I'm thinking about it. What's the consensus on BEC's?

What's the consensus on BEC's?

BEC's are great little devices and certainly becomes highly recommended if you're using high torque digital servos. Internal BEC's not only operate a bit different from external BEC's, the internals also don't seem to have the capacity of externals and the externals can reduce the heat generated on your ESC.

You can pick up a Castle Creations BEC for less than $20.

I was looking at getting the castle water proof unit. How will it effect my diff brain setup? What exactly do I need to do to install the BEC? Also there appears to be a stack of capacitors in my battery leads? What's that? None of my other rcs have ever had that.

@InSaYnE The Castle Creations 2.0 will not harm your diff brain setup. Think of a BEC as a gas tank for electricity. When you have a huge demand of power, such as hammering the throttle, there is a large demand for instant power which would normally go through the ESC causing more heat and would steal power from your servo's. The BEC prevents that drainage.

Install is pretty simple.

How to install Castle Creations 2.0 BEC

castle-creations-bec-2-install.png

1. Solder the CC BEC 2.0 black ground wire to ESC’s black battery ground wire.

2. Solder the CC BEC 2.0 red power wire to ESC’s red battery power wire.

3. If your ESC has an internal BEC, you must disconnect the red wire on the ESC’s receiver lead. (The BLX200 does, so yes you'll need to disconnect the red wire).
    • If your ESC does not have an internal BEC, do NOT disconnect the red wire.

4. Plug both output leads of the CC BEC 2.0 into separate channels on your receiver.

It's as easy as that.

Thanks Woodie that is very simple after all. I haven't opened the receiver box but somewhere I read that there's only one free port on the Nero receiver. Another thing slightly related, I'm a huge fan of the WTF fans. I'm planning on replacing the stock fan with a WTF fan and maybe adding one of their motor fan setups. Are there y connectors for receiver connectors? So I can add the motor fan in.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back