Big Rock BLX 2050kv on 3s line

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mirovingian

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
Hey there all.

I just upgraded my esc to a 150amp Spektrum Firma one, and I was about to get the 2050kv blx to fit it in their and I realized that the motor's diameter is 11.5mm wider, which probably means it won't fit on the Arrma adjustable mount that is used for the 3s and 4s line.

Any tips on how to get that to fit in their? And if the 6s line's motor mount compatible with the 3s line's LWB chassis.

If not, please suggest any other 2200kv motors or so that can fit in easily and have the 4mm bullet pins on em.

I aready widened my truck, got the 3.8 badlands and HR diff upgrades on.

Thanks.

The blx 4074 motor fit in my granite 3s. I used the adjustable motor mount. When I tried a 22t pinion on the 57t spur I needed to get creative. For a pinion 20t and smaller it should be fine.

Hey there all.

I just upgraded my esc to a 150amp Spektrum Firma one, and I was about to get the 2050kv blx to fit it in their and I realized that the motor's diameter is 11.5mm wider, which probably means it won't fit on the Arrma adjustable mount that is used for the 3s and 4s line.

Any tips on how to get that to fit in their? And if the 6s line's motor mount compatible with the 3s line's LWB chassis.

If not, please suggest any other 2200kv motors or so that can fit in easily and have the 4mm bullet pins on em.

I aready widened my truck, got the 3.8 badlands and HR diff upgrades on.

Thanks.
It fits in there, got one in my 3s Typhon. It has both M3 and M4 screw mounts and the M3 mounts align with my adjustable motor mount.

Not sure which 3s you have but if it's the Typhon it's going to be a tight fit because the esc can't be stacked on the receiver box because of body clearance, I ended up chopping the receiver box in half to fit it in the bottom of the chassis. If it's any of the other 3s trucks it should be fine.

Attachments

• 20200512_132500.jpg
    20200512_132500.jpg
    432.5 KB · Views: 117
  • Screenshot_20200517-174607_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20200517-174607_eBay.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 117
The blx 4074 motor fit in my granite 3s. I used the adjustable motor mount. When I tried a 22t pinion on the 57t spur I needed to get creative. For a pinion 20t and smaller it should be fine.
Phew, thought I was stuck with a 6s ESC and no way to fit a 6s motor with that slipper clutch.

Thanks ??
It fits in there, got one in my 3s Typhon. It has both M3 and M4 screw mounts and the M3 mounts align with my adjustable motor mount.

Not sure which 3s you have but if it's the Typhon it's going to be a tight fit because the esc can't be stacked on the receiver box because of body clearance, I ended up chopping the receiver box in half to fit it in the bottom of the chassis. If it's any of the other 3s trucks it should be fine.

Perfect. Got the big rock so it should be fine.
Probably would've been way cheaper to just get a 6s rtr model to begin with what with all the metal upgrades and extensions on this one, but it's the modding that gets to me.

Can't help it ?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back