Vorteks BLX 2WD platform - why discontinued and how is part support?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cboyd

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

I have an Arrma Vorteks BLX 2WD stadium that has been sitting around for a few years (life got busy) but I've dusted it off and having fun once again! I noticed that Arrma completely ditched the BLX 2WD line (links below) which I think is a really nice design, sturdy and easy to work on. It was a great alternative / competitor to the Traxxas 1/10 2WD platforms. Anyone know why they discontinued this line?

Secondly - anyone know how parts support is? Can you still get parts for Granite/Vorteks/Raider 1/10 BLX 2WD line?

https://www.arrma-rc.com/rc-cars/2013/vorteks/blx

https://www.arrma-rc.com/rc-cars/2013/granite/blx

Thanks

I think I'd like to step up to something bigger than 1/10 scale. The Arrma 1/8th line is pretty sexy and I love the Kraton. Coming back to find out my truck is discontinued leaves a bit of a sour taste in my mouth though. I'm worried about long term parts support and parts cost if I get another Arrma. Decisions. Decisions. Your thoughts?

I think I'd like to step up to something bigger than 1/10 scale. The Arrma 1/8th line is pretty sexy and I love the Kraton. Coming back to find out my truck is discontinued leaves a bit of a sour taste in my mouth though. I'm worried about long term parts support and parts cost if I get another Arrma. Decisions. Decisions. Your thoughts?
Go for a kraton exb then get stock electronics from Jenny’s rc and a savox 1212 with a dumbo rc transmitter

The good thing about arrma is that many of their models share parts these days so you can use parts packaged for an outcast on a kraton and so on. I'm not sure but maybe you can find parts to fit your older car that are sold for another model?

At any rate, it looks like arrma has standardized a lot so parts are much easier to find, I get most of my parts through Amazon and keep a small stock of the parts that are known to be a problem ;)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back