Granite BLX 3S tire ballooning

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jondilly1974

Speed running apprentice, motor Slayer 🤘
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Infraction
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Kraton EXB
  5. Senton 3s
  6. Typhon 6s
  7. Typhon 3s
I saw somewhere in a tread where someone used a thread wrap around their tires to stop ballooning. I don’t like the idea of taping the inside of the tires. I prefer to leave them factory glued. I just can’t get much speed going without the tires turning into pizza cutters.

Question is, what type of material should I use to wrap the centers?

Someone mentioned industrial strength o-rings. That sounds nice if I can find the right size and strength.

I was also thinking fishing line, but that may not hold up long? Stuff like twine is too thick. Can someone point me to something durable that they recommend? A link to a purchase option would be most appreciated.

Is there a thread on hole size and locations? Ready to try this out today! ??
Did you look under tires and wheels, or do a search. I think YouTube would have something on tire venting.

Tape up the rim holes and put about a 3/16" hole in the tire inline where the wheel hole is. Hollow brass tubing, sharpened on the end.
Drill bit, be careful and don't let the bit grab the foam or a HOT soldering iron tip. I recommend using an already abused tip and don't mess up a new one unless you want to. Get all the tinning and anything else off before using this method.

If you want/need to strap them with line, any good braided fishing line will work and it doesn't have to be whale sized just maybe 40# or more. someone suggested using braided kite string after I'd already used 50# Gorilla braided fishing line and I wish I had went that way.

Gobs of YT videos on how to do this and Amazon has the braided kite string in different colors. Not a hard job at all.

My wife did hers in just a little time after work one day and I just let her do mine too.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back