Senton Blx 3s wobbles

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewcity414

King of questions
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
I guess this will be an ongoing issue. Still having the same wobble and veering issue. When going straight the car veers. The trim is set new tires. Should I change the difference? I know this won't be a 1 answer solve everything issue. I've tried the suggested solutions but still coming up short. Plan on installing the aluminum bearing steering tomorrow.... End point adjustments?

Make sure the tie rods/turn buckles are not offset. Wheels should be pointed straight not like this / \ or \ /

Yup, these trucks have a lot of slop in the steering. The stock bell crank has plastic bushings and the plastic pivot balls create a lot of wobble also. You can install the aluminum bellcrank (I believe hot racing makes one), or replace the plastic bushings with sealed bearings. There is also a metal pivot ball kit for this chassis. A combination of these things will tighten things up!

Yup, these trucks have a lot of slop in the steering. The stock bell crank has plastic bushings and the plastic pivot balls create a lot of wobble also. You can install the aluminum bellcrank (I believe hot racing makes one), or replace the plastic bushings with sealed bearings. There is also a metal pivot ball kit for this chassis. A combination of these things will tighten things up!
I'm gonna intsll this today, I will look for the metal pivot ball

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190115-163638_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20190115-163638_eBay.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 51
I made little shims out of silicone tubing to keep the rods centered on the plastic pivot balls as they wear out. It has certainly helped. Once they wear down enough, the rod drops off the center of the ball to a point of lesser circumference which creates a bit of the slop. I also had a bunch of slop at the pivot balls on the short rod at the servo saver. I changed those to metal.

I made little shims out of silicone tubing to keep the rods centered on the plastic pivot balls as they wear out. It has certainly helped. Once they wear down enough, the rod drops off the center of the ball to a point of lesser circumference which creates a bit of the slop. I also had a bunch of slop at the pivot balls on the short rod at the servo saver. I changed those to metal.
Any links for the blx 3s 4x4? Couldn't find any.

Any links for it? Ive searched Google

Google Hot Racing RC. Then go to the Granite 3s BLX page. They are on there. The plastic balls get so worn on the rods that connect to the bellcrank that they will literally fall out when you disconnect the rods.

Google Hot Racing RC. Then go to the Granite 3s BLX page. They are on there. The plastic balls get so worn on the rods that connect to the bellcrank that they will literally fall out when you disconnect the rods.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190118-191304_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190118-191304_Chrome.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 44
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back