Kraton Blx esc braking vs Firma esc braking

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fallguy

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Senton 6s
  4. Typhon 6s
I have a v4 Kraton with the stock BLX esc. I recently picked up a Kraton 6s EXB and I'm running the firma 160a esc and 1250kv motor on 6s and geared accordingly. Both vehicles using the same radio, DX5 pro. Exb runs awesome btw.

The v4 brakes much better than the firma. I used the programmer on the firma and turned the braking up to 100%. And braking on the radio is 100%.

Does one brake better than the other? I disconnected, then re connected the programmer when I did the changes and it was still showing 100% braking. Any thoughts?

My thoughts would be due to the pinion size on the 1250kv motor - when you say "geared accordingly", what size pinions are you running on each setup?
The V4 is stock, no speed gear. The EXB I think I put a 23t pinion in there. I'm working on a few cars and the numbers are scrambled in my head. I'll confirm when I get home. I'm 95% sure it's 23t

I have a v4 Kraton with the stock BLX esc. I recently picked up a Kraton 6s EXB and I'm running the firma 160a esc and 1250kv motor on 6s and geared accordingly. Both vehicles using the same radio, DX5 pro. Exb runs awesome btw.

The v4 brakes much better than the firma. I used the programmer on the firma and turned the braking up to 100%. And braking on the radio is 100%.

Does one brake better than the other? I disconnected, then re connected the programmer when I did the changes and it was still showing 100% braking. Any thoughts?
Have you run the throttle position calibration on the ESC? If not, do that first. If everything is set to 100% and your throttle trim is centred you should get full brake. With my Notorious if I pull full brake on a high grip surface like grass I can nose wheelie or flip it forward on to it's lid.

Have you run the throttle position calibration on the ESC? If not, do that first. If everything is set to 100% and your throttle trim is centred you should get full brake. With my Notorious if I pull full brake on a high grip surface like grass I can nose wheelie or flip it forward on to it's lid.
Yes, I did throttle calibration. And that is what my v4 does

I cannot compare the results on the Kraton. Infraction BLX motor and Firma ESC brake is 100% on ESC and brakes on default on the DX5C....braking is excellent for the Infraction basher, no speed runs. I need that to stop quickly before a crash. Otherwise, I pulse the brakes I do not ride on them

On the Kraton v5 EXB with Max6 1650kv, I tried braking at 100%...barely touch it on the right surface it will flip. So I moved it to 62.5% been love even at the full braking.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back