BLX ESC Issues & Resolutions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a new Typhon 3s. The BLX100 will sometimes trigger the LVC at high voltages like ~11.6V.

At 3.4V per cell, it should be triggering at 10.2V for a 3s pack.

However, I have run my pack as low as 7.4V before without the LVC ever triggering!

How long does my pack need to stay below the cutoff voltage for the LVC to actually trigger?

Thank you for all of your help! My apologies for mini-hijacking this post, however, was super helpful!

*UPDATE*

It took about two weeks to finally get somebody that could help me (at Horizon Hobby), the immediately put in for a replacement BLX100, no questions asked. Only issue, backorder lol. Received my new ESC today! It looks like I got the brand new one for the v3 release. It has, what appears to be, a fan cable attached at the blue bullet connector. Safe to assume I plug the other end into an empty channel on the receiver (I have the DumboRC x6)? Then I would plug a fan that I would install onto the motor heatsink, into the connection above the blue bullet connector? Unfortunately, acquiring the ESC is bittersweet because I am in a new conundrum, I destroyed my factory motor, trying to get the damn pinion off. So now I'm waiting for the hobbystar 3670 3050kv to get in stock. Was going to snag a Surpass 3665 2900kv, but RCJuice had a very large order of motors coming in, so hoping it should be any day now for the Hobbystar to be available again. Until then, I'll continue replacing all of my composite parts, with aluminum lol.
I have a new Typhon 3s. The BLX100 will sometimes trigger the LVC at high voltages like ~11.6V.

At 3.4V per cell, it should be triggering at 10.2V for a 3s pack.

However, I have run my pack as low as 7.4V before without the LVC ever triggering!

How long does my pack need to stay below the cutoff voltage for the LVC to actually trigger?

Your issue is identical to the issue I was having until it finally just stopped/died. Over discharge, under discharge... It was all over the place, no rhyme or reason... Hoping the new one is better... If not, I'll be getting the Max10 SCT to replace it and just keep the factory one for a backup.

Last edited:
My old ESC died 45 days old, sent off to hobbyhorizon. I wanted to get up and running asap. Bought a used blx 185. Just dropped it in, Infraction all stock. Servo and fans all working. ESC fast flashing red light....any ideas. Is it toast?

Calibrate.
When you change something, calibrate.
When you don't, calibrate.

OK. You didn't have to rebind. But you do need to calibrate. I bet the ESC doesn't see zero from the radio so it won't arm.

Futaba transmitter, all good till depress throttle....no lights beeps or flash on ESC.

Turn on transmitter.

Hold Set button on ESC and turn on, release Set when it starts chirping/red light flashing.

Make sure transmitter is in neutral. Press Set once. One beep/green flash.

Depress throttle on transmitter fully, hold. Then press Set button. Two beeps/2 green flashes.

Reverse/brake on transmitter fully, hold. Press Set button. 3 beeps/3 green flashes.

Turn off ESC. You are ready.

Last edited:
No connection to receiver or no zero throttle signal when turning on. Check if throttle trim is centered on your radio. Try recalibrating your ESC next. Check receiver to ESC signal wiring and rebind the receiver would be the 3rd thing to do.

Also, I hope your battery is full :D
I forget which blinking is signal loss and which is low battery...

If the company is set up right, leadership within the organization will listen to the feedback that the customer support team can provide to them and improve areas of their product that are, well, "faulty." Anyone that has ever worked in some type of customer support role (phone, retail, etc) knows that these teams/departments are the eyes and ears of the company.
Well said @springboardz. If they tell them and they listen they can improve those areas of faulty equipment.

The blx100 in my big rock only lasted just over 30 days. They are sending a new one but I got impatient so I got a blx120 at lhs so I didn't have to wait.

The blx100 in my big rock only lasted just over 30 days. They are sending a new one but I got impatient so I got a blx120 at lhs so I didn't have to wait.
Yeah great i bought mine off Amazon and I'm waiting to hear back from the seller I couldn't get mine to work right, so I'm sending it back. I have the 120 blx also.

I have a problem with my Senton 3S BLX.

My previous ESC stopped working. I waited about 2 weeks and received a new one. I connected everything properly, bound successfully to my transmitter, and set the throttle according to the instructions.

I now have steering but no forward or reverse. When I engage the throttle the ESC flashes red, beeping loudly and constantly. The beeping stops as soon as my finger is off the throttle. The RC is registering the input but instead of throttle I just get these shrill beeps. If I turn my throttle trim up all the way, the same thing will happen.

I have tried resetting the new ESC, checking all connections... everything I can possibly think of.

Is something else broken then, like the motor? Official support isn't available to me until Monday.

Update: Being sent a new motor under warranty... I'll update again in a few days once it arrives and I install it.

Update 2: My old pinion has a stripped screw. I ordered a new pinion but still have to cut the old one off so I can get the steel plate and heat sink off the bad motor and transfer them to the new one. The bearing closest to the motor was shot, too.

Update 3: Finally put everything back together and I'm up and running! Just did a quick test and it seems to be working great, but I need to do some more extensive running tomorrow to make sure it all holds up...

Last edited:
My friend bought a new Typhon 3s BLX 4x4 from a LHS and by the time we got home I was already looking at buying one. I got a "new" one off ebay for $277 shipped. Well now I know why the person sold it. After a few mins (5-8) it goes into LVC. My friends is doing the same thing and he bought his from the LHS so we drove there yesterday and spent hours trying to figure it out. The lhs removed his deans on the battery and soldered on a IC5, made no difference. We ran it across the street in a parking lot and we both hit LVC at the same time. Went back in and they said lets try a battery because maybe your batteries are bad. So the LHS charged one of their 2s and we took it out and it lasted 3 mins. We checked the settings and it's in lipo mode. So they said they would try a new esc but that they didn't have any and they would get more tuesday. So he will probably be good but that leaves me since I didn't buy it at the lhs I bought mine from someone on ebay from washington. It looked brand new and even the lhs said it looked brand new. The seller said he ran it maybe five times. So how do I go about fixing mine? Do I have to contact both the seller and horizon hobbies? I've spent a week researching this issue on this forum and google searches.

My friend bought a new Typhon 3s BLX 4x4 from a LHS and by the time we got home I was already looking at buying one. I got a "new" one off ebay for $277 shipped. Well now I know why the person sold it. After a few mins (5-8) it goes into LVC. My friends is doing the same thing and he bought his from the LHS so we drove there yesterday and spent hours trying to figure it out. The lhs removed his deans on the battery and soldered on a IC5, made no difference. We ran it across the street in a parking lot and we both hit LVC at the same time. Went back in and they said lets try a battery because maybe your batteries are bad. So the LHS charged one of their 2s and we took it out and it lasted 3 mins. We checked the settings and it's in lipo mode. So they said they would try a new esc but that they didn't have any and they would get more tuesday. So he will probably be good but that leaves me since I didn't buy it at the lhs I bought mine from someone on ebay from washington. It looked brand new and even the lhs said it looked brand new. The seller said he ran it maybe five times. So how do I go about fixing mine? Do I have to contact both the seller and horizon hobbies? I've spent a week researching this issue on this forum and google searches.
I would say get with the seller and see if he would help you get that part calling into horizon himself and see if he can warranty the part for you. Since if registered it would be in his name and maybe he'll work with you to correct the problem and even get a new esc.
I would say get with the seller and see if he would help you get that part calling into horizon himself and see if he can warranty the part for you. Since if registered it would be in his name and maybe he'll work with you to correct the problem and even get a new esc.
May have to send that one back and he would have to do it from his name and address saying it was a gift and having them send the esc t ok your address, or his and just pick it up from him.
May have to send that one back and he would have to do it from his name and address saying it was a gift and having them send the esc t ok your address, or his and just pick it up from him.
Hello my fellow Arrma owners. Ran my Typhon 3s BLX just fine on the road for the first time at the park and had a blast. While running it last night for the second time found it reverse steering from time to time, but after reversing the steering acted normal then out of nowhere would do it again. I notice mainly when turning quick and a slight spin out is when it did it esp if it hit some leaves and did a 180 then I would turn right and it turned left, so turned left then back right and it just went in a circle until like I said reversing it and steering returned to normal. doesn't do it all the time. Any help would be appreciated. Ty in advance.
Hello my fellow Arrma owners. Ran my Typhon 3s BLX just fine on the road for the first time at the park and had a blast. While running it last night for the second time found it reverse steering from time to time, but after reversing the steering acted normal then out of nowhere would do it again. I notice mainly when turning quick and a slight spin out is when it did it esp if it hit some leaves and did a 180 then I would turn right and it turned left, so turned left then back right and it just went in a circle until like I said reversing it and steering returned to normal. doesn't do it all the time. Any help would be appreciated. Ty in advance.

Last edited:
I fixed my car and my friends. Reset the esc, throttle cailbration.. now it works but it hits factory lvc of 3.7v so we are running external lvc alarms set to 3.2v and esc set to ni-mh mode.

Has anyone else had any issues with the Big Rock 3s? My husband just went out with our Big Rock and as soon as he flipped it on, it didn't want to do anything. He took it out yesterday morning for a spin in the fresh snow (after properly waterproofing ofc) but now we're trying to find the issue. Any help would be appreciated.

Back