BLX ESC Issues & Resolutions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do we know any of these guys with issues tho ??
I have 3 new rigs in past month and all the same issues unfortunately. I think it is a bad batch going around. Swapped them for the blx185 and much better plus run times are crazy long now. I got 45 min on 1 pack today. 7600mah

I have 3 new rigs in past month and all the same issues unfortunately. I think it is a bad batch going around. Swapped them for the blx185 and much better plus run times are crazy long now. I got 45 min on 1 pack today. 7600mah
Hmm ok well I started to think about all the people complaining and they all seemed like FNGs. My conspiracy theory seems busted then ??✌?

Nope just me the traxxas troll lmao
They aren't handling the amps. I have figured it out. If you load it up it will cut out every time. They once had issues and then later added the cap packs to battery wires but problem is back again. 60amp esc is too small for 4x4rigs

I went through 3 blx100 s in my Senton before I gave up and put my used semi messed up blx185 in it. been fine since, can't say anything bad about Arrma customer service because they took care of me every time. I sorta figured it was amp issue so i upgraded my 185 on my TYPHON v4 to a Max6 and solved my esc probs

I am looking for electrical and mechanical help with my Outcast and Talion 6s. I can't seem to be able to solder a EC5 bullet onto the ESC wires on my Mamba Monster 2 for my Talion. I also have a very bad noise coming from my Outcast trying to diagnose a glitchy throttle problem on the Outcast. I have upgraded transmitter and receiver to FlySky GT5, swapped out a bad BLX 185 ESC out of the Outcast and replaced it with the working ESC out of the Talion. I then swapped motors between the 2 trucks. The glitchy throttle is still there and now there is a bad noise coming from somewhere. The only things I have not done is checked the Diffs. I only have about 10 runs on the Outcast. I did buy the Outcast off the shelf at my local hobby shop (maybe that was a mistake.) I live in Pleasantville, NJ and would love to find someone local to help. Thanks in advance.

I am looking for electrical and mechanical help with my Outcast and Talion 6s. I can't seem to be able to solder a EC5 bullet onto the ESC wires on my Mamba Monster 2 for my Talion. I also have a very bad noise coming from my Outcast trying to diagnose a glitchy throttle problem on the Outcast. I have upgraded transmitter and receiver to FlySky GT5, swapped out a bad BLX 185 ESC out of the Outcast and replaced it with the working ESC out of the Talion. I then swapped motors between the 2 trucks. The glitchy throttle is still there and now there is a bad noise coming from somewhere. The only things I have not done is checked the Diffs. I only have about 10 runs on the Outcast. I did buy the Outcast off the shelf at my local hobby shop (maybe that was a mistake.) I live in Pleasantville, NJ and would love to find someone local to help. Thanks in advance.
What soldering iron are you working with? What solder?

I am using a Weller solder iron from my local Ace Hardware with a 60/40 rosin core. As soon as I add the tin to the wire end of the ESC it is too large to insert into the EC5 bullet.
What size wire? You might have to trim some of the wire or use larger lipo connectors.

What size wire? You might have to trim some of the wire or use larger lipo connectors.
If your suggestion to use a larger lipo connector is changing from EC5, I really don't want to do that. That would require changing my current LIPO's or buying new ones (EG: change to XT90). I have soldered and trimmed the wires unsuccessfully 4 times now. I have watched the YouTube videos showing the same procedures. I can't seem to get the same results.

If your suggestion to use a larger lipo connector is changing from EC5, I really don't want to do that. That would require changing my current LIPO's or buying new ones (EG: change to XT90). I have soldered and trimmed the wires unsuccessfully 4 times now. I have watched the YouTube videos showing the same procedures. I can't seem to get the same results.
Wish I could help more but I guess I don’t know where to direct you. Soldering just comes pretty easy to me as I’ve done it for so long. Can you take a picture of your issue? Maybe we can spot the issue.

Wish I could help more but I guess I don’t know where to direct you. Soldering just comes pretty easy to me as I’ve done it for so long. Can you take a picture of your issue? Maybe we can spot the issue.
This is just an example. I don't have anymore male bullets. I am waiting on a shipment of male bullets. The wires barely fit into the bullet before putting tin on them. I don't know the trick to make them fit after tinnnig.

Attachments

• IMG_0759.jpeg
    IMG_0759.jpeg
    210.9 KB · Views: 68
This is just an example. I don't have anymore male bullets. I am waiting on a shipment of male bullets. The wires barely fit into the bullet before putting tin on them. I don't know the trick to make them fit after tinnnig.
Ok for one you stripped out way too much jacket. You only need enough jacket removed to get the wire touching the back of the bullet cup. And those wires don’t even look tinned. Gotta get them fully tinned.

I bought a uses Kraton 6s with a BLX180 in it and am experiencing different runtimes.

On grass : 7 minutes
On road and sand: around 20 minutes

I use 2x2s 6000 mah lipo (came with the old car) and 2x2s 5500mah lipo brand new ones from gensacearespammers.

Because this car is already 4 years old, I will not receive a free of charge swap of my esc.

Terrible customer support! Really!!

Why aren't they just swap every BLX180 ESC? It is a fact that this esc sucks big time!!!

I am really pissed off...

Attachments

• 1A13E14D-BFC0-415E-AAA5-0FB957DE44EC.jpeg
    1A13E14D-BFC0-415E-AAA5-0FB957DE44EC.jpeg
    275.5 KB · Views: 55
I bought a uses Kraton 6s with a BLX180 in it and am experiencing different runtimes.

On grass : 7 minutes
On road and sand: around 20 minutes

I use 2x2s 6000 mah lipo (came with the old car) and 2x2s 5500mah lipo brand new ones from gensacearespammers.

Because this car is already 4 years old, I will not receive a free of charge swap of my esc.

Terrible customer support! Really!!

Why aren't they just swap every BLX180 ESC? It is a fact that this esc sucks big time!!!

I am really pissed off...
I wouldn’t risk running that old fireball ESC

We own 3 senton 3s blx trucks. One is brande new never opened. The other 2 gets used for backyard bashing, rips in the field, or occasionally drag racing. The 2 trucks we play with have had esc issues since day 1. First truck doesn’t want to throttle at all, steering works fine but no forward or reverse movement. The other truck will just die. Steering will work but same thing no movement. Called horizon and they are sending out 2 new ESCs for us. Kinda worries me about the 3rd truck but we shall see.

We own 3 senton 3s blx trucks. One is brande new never opened. The other 2 gets used for backyard bashing, rips in the field, or occasionally drag racing. The 2 trucks we play with have had esc issues since day 1. First truck doesn’t want to throttle at all, steering works fine but no forward or reverse movement. The other truck will just die. Steering will work but same thing no movement. Called horizon and they are sending out 2 new ESCs for us. Kinda worries me about the 3rd truck but we shall see.

Did you still have warranty on the cars?

My car is 4 years old and I am not receiving a free of charge replacement of my BLX180 ???

They only offer me 20% discount or 50% discount if I can show them my proof of purchase... But I do not have that anymore

Did you still have warranty on the cars?

My car is 4 years old and I am not receiving a free of charge replacement of my BLX180 ???

They only offer me 20% discount or 50% discount if I can show them my proof of purchase... But I do not have that anymore
Well at 4 years old, 2 years out of warranty, the fact they give you any help is really nice of them. ??‍♂️

I have been researching new escs and motors when the time comes the blx system goes out.

Some here report less than a couple of months (or a handful of hours) run time before they had issues.

I acquired my granite 3s blx and kraton 6s blx (in that order) just last month maybe two weeks apart from each other.

Granted they were manufactured longer than that and the kraton 6s I have is the v4 (latest I believe?).

So my question is would it benefit me now to just buy the replacement system (non blx esc and motor) and keep it on hand for when the stock goes out?

I was looking at just external bec to boost the voltage for the steering servo to 7.2v but if the esc/motor will eventually crap (in short time) I might as well get a newer system overall. No?

Back