BLX ESC Issues & Resolutions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Cpatch38 I have the MMX as well but didnt install it on my nero due to amp rating of motor and esc. esc is 100amps and the motor draws 150amps.

Hi guys ... I've just joined.. I have the Typhon with the blx180 on car was running sweet between heats then nothing esc turned on blue light flashed made customary noise then solid red light and nothing would work ... any ideas would be greatly appreciated.. unfortunately sending back is not an option as I'm in the UK and prob be cheaper to buy new one and if I did is the 185 compatable with the old red box motor? Cheers Mark

I've had no issues with the stock electronics on my Kraton, until today...
IMG_20171217_131914888.jpg
IMG_20171217_133006482.jpg IMG_20171217_131848428.jpg

I've been running on 6s w/ XT60 to XT90 adapters since I bought my Kraton, and never had any issues. I decided to run it as intended w/ straight XT90 connectors using the same batteries today and this happens:mad:. It ran fine for about 1 minute, then poof! The smell is still stuck in my nose. I'm thinking it was from poor solder joints where the battery leads attach to the ESC.

Hi guys I'm new here and finding the site very interesting.
My son has a Typhoon and his esc has stopped , reading this thread it seems to be a common problem so my question is what's the best esc replacement brand and model ?

OFF TAP we went with mamba monster X on the TALION and SENTON.
I watched a vid on YouTube with the MM X in the TYPHON 4s/6s stupid fast on 6s.
I think some use the HOBBYWING.
We sent the red v1 ESCs back (at the end of the 2 year warranty) and they gave us the new 185 quickrun V2 ARRMA as replacements only took a week. I think you could get one on ebay for about $120

Hi guys,
I'm using my TALION (blx180) on 4S/6S, and after few minutes running, it slows down and red light starts flashing, turn it off and on without let it cool down (nothing really hot), than same story after few minutes. All mechanical parts are good, I'm expecting ESC problems...what do you think?
Cheers
Daniel

I have had a similar issue with my Kraton, but the warranty was already gone, so I got an aftermarket ESC and later the motor followed. My stock servo stripped a few months after I got the Kraton, but replaced it with a faster servo, nothing has gone wrong since.

I have had a similar issue with my Kraton, but the warranty was already gone, so I got an aftermarket ESC and later the motor followed. My stock servo stripped a few months after I got the Kraton, but replaced it with a faster servo, nothing has gone wrong since.

what did you install??? what's the best ESC for a 2050kv motor?
thanks

what did you install??? what's the best ESC for a 2050kv motor?
thanks
i installed an Hobbywing Xerun 1/8th scale brushless motor, sensored motor and a Hobbywing Quicrun 8BLL150 Brushless ESC 150A.

I don't know if this esc is the best one, but it was the cheapest option at the time.

Hope that was helpful.;)

Thank you for help...:D
New esc on order........[/QUOTE
You are welcome, just remember that the system that I have isn't as well known as the Hobbywing Max 8 combo, but it was just the cheapest option, and even, my run time has increased by switching to the hobbywing ESC and the new brushless motor.

You are welcome, just remember that the system that I have isn't as well known as the Hobbywing Max 8 combo, but it was just the cheapest option, and even, my run time has increased by switching to the hobbywing ESC and the new brushless motor.

sorry, i don't know what happened to the reply.

View attachment 14193 View attachment 14196 View attachment 14197

I've been running on 6s w/ XT60 to XT90 adapters since I bought my Kraton, and never had any issues. I decided to run it as intended w/ straight XT90 connectors using the same batteries today and this happens:mad:. It ran fine for about 1 minute, then poof! The smell is still stuck in my nose. I'm thinking it was from poor solder joints where the battery leads attach to the ESC.
OUCH, i hope it didn't melt anything else.

View attachment 14193 View attachment 14196 View attachment 14197

We’re you using one 6s battery or 2 3s? I just bought a Kraton yesterday. Brought it home, charged the batteries and put them in. Poof, ESC went up in smoke. Didn’t even get to drive it. Took it to my lhs and they are helping me out with it.

We’re you using one 6s battery or 2 3s? I just bought a Kraton yesterday. Brought it home, charged the batteries and put them in. Poof, ESC went up in smoke. Didn’t even get to drive it. Took it to my lhs and they are helping me out with it.
i am no expert, but maybe the 'C' rating on the battery was too high for the esc to handle.

i am no expert, but maybe the 'C' rating on the battery was too high for the esc to handle.

It was a malfunctioning ESC from the factory. Just got a new truck from Arrma today. Put the same batteries in and it runs great. Arrma customer service was great. Took care of me right away.

wonderful to hear, I hade a programming issue with mine and because the warranty on my Kraton ran out, i hade to get an aftermarket esc.

I took my Outcast out in the snow for the first time and it didn't like it. Died after about 15 minutes. Nothing works. No steering. No throttle. Just a fast flashing red light. So much for water proof? I'm new to the hobby. Sounds like my ESC from what other people are writing. Anyone know a good upgraded brand to go with if Arrma doesn't give me a new one? I unplugged everything and made sure everything was dry and the batteries in the truck and the controller are fully charged. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

wonderful to hear, I hade a programming issue with mine and because the warranty on my Kraton ran out, i hade to get an aftermarket esc.
What brand ESC did you go with?

I took my Outcast out in the snow for the first time and it didn't like it. Died after about 15 minutes. Nothing works. No steering. No throttle. Just a fast flashing red light. So much for water proof? I'm new to the hobby. Sounds like my ESC from what other people are writing. Anyone know a good upgraded brand to go with if Arrma doesn't give me a new one? I unplugged everything and made sure everything was dry and the batteries in the truck and the controller are fully charged. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

What brand ESC did you go with?
I got a Hobbywing Quicrun 8BLL150 Brushless ESC 150A, but think you have to get it, there are many ESC's but I got this one because it was the cheapest option available at the time.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back