Blx esc low voltage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tiny3690

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fury
  2. Granite
I pickd up my granite blx I tooke it out the box changed the included battery and I can drive it for about 10 second then it comes up with the low voltage on the esc

Yeah it was at the right switch and the battery was charged how do I contact arrma about it am in the UK

Yeah it was at the right switch and the battery was charged how do I contact Arrma about it am in the UK
Screen Shot 2016-03-12 at 4.22.12 PM.png

Call or email them :)

Hi tiny.
I'm curious to how you got on. I am also in UK and have just got a Granite BLX.

Is there a novice guide to checking the settings on the esc? Im am new to all this and am struggling to work it out from the included instructions & cant find any videos on youtube. Any help would be appreciated.

Hi tiny.
I'm curious to how you got on. I am also in UK and have just got a Granite BLX.

Is there a novice guide to checking the settings on the esc? Im am new to all this and am struggling to work it out from the included instructions & cant find any videos on youtube. Any help would be appreciated.
Hi
What battery are you trying to run? And if I struggle to explain well, @ajdragon helped me awhile back

I think Lipo setting is stock I believe for Blx

To set NIMH you you have to turn on the ESC while pressing that set button next to the ESC on switch where it will beep.
One beep = lipo mode (low voltage cutoff @3.2v)
2 beeps = NIMH mode
3 beeps = no cutoff
There are other beeps but those are for throttle I believe... which I haven't tested.

hopes this helps!

Hi
What battery are you trying to run? And if I struggle to explain well, @ajdragon helped me awhile back

I think LiPo setting is stock I believe for Blx

To set NiMH you you have to turn on the ESC while pressing that set button next to the ESC on switch where it will beep.
One beep = LiPo mode (low voltage cutoff @3.2v)
2 beeps = NiMH mode
3 beeps = no cutoff
There are other beeps but those are for throttle I believe... which I haven't tested.

hopes this helps!
Thank you.
I am running stock NiMH 4600 (8.4v) at the moment. I did buy a 3300 NiMH (8.4v) just as a stop gap. But tried running them yesterday and the esc was flashing blue after about 5 mins on the 4600 and after a couple of mins on the 3300.

Thank you.
I am running stock NiMH 4600 (8.4v) at the moment. I did buy a 3300 NiMH (8.4v) just as a stop gap. But tried running them yesterday and the esc was flashing blue after about 5 mins on the 4600 and after a couple of mins on the 3300.
That was probably lipo cutoff, so yea, program it to 2 beeps and that should be good for your NIMH batteries

You want 3 beeps turn the esc on while holding the set button.. it will beep once letting you know your in tuning mode, in variable one. Hold the set button again it will beep and you can change the setting in that variable you want 3 beeps in variable one. Turn it off and on and try it.
It's def in lipo mode, stupid when they send it with a NIMH. It will smoke that battery and Arrma will suggest a lipo so now instead of a 400 dollar investment you need to sink a couple more hundred to use it like it was intended

I accidentally tried to run mine with the stock nimh in lipo mode and it wouldn't move more than a foot without going into LVC. I'm not so sure that is what is going on here...

You want 3 beeps turn the esc on while holding the set button.. it will beep once letting you know your in tuning mode, in variable one. Hold the set button again it will beep and you can change the setting in that variable you want 3 beeps in variable one. Turn it off and on and try it.
It's def in LiPo mode, stupid when they send it with a NiMH. It will smoke that battery and Arrma will suggest a LiPo so now instead of a 400 dollar investment you need to sink a couple more hundred to use it like it was intended
So I actually want the three beeps to run on the nimh battery. Because I tried the two beeps like I understood from the manual and low voltage kicks in. I wanted to actually say something on here because there are no how to vids on this product like I have always been able to find with my Traxxas trucks.

So I actually want the three beeps to run on the NiMH battery. Because I tried the two beeps like I understood from the manual and low voltage kicks in. I wanted to actually say something on here because there are no how to vids on this product like I have always been able to find with my Traxxas trucks.
Ok so I got mine to work with an nimh. I had to reset the esc to factory settings first to clear all of my mistakes then pay close attention to the variable mode you're actually in. That being one beep for battery. Then make that beep twice for nimh. Hold down on the button to confirm it. Then power off to save the setting. Hope this helps someone.

Anybody have problems with their esc going into low voltage and your lipo battery is not dead? I'll take a fully charged lipo pop it in and in two min it turns off and the battery still has 4.10 per cell.

I have not, but I can think of a few things to check. Most likely it is an issue with your battery. Monitor the cell voltages through the balance tap and try to reproduce the problem on your bench. An unhealthy cell that rests at 4.1v might drop to LVC under load. If this is not the case, I would look into the connector and wiring between the battery and esc. For example, if you have a damaged or dirty connector, it could have a high resistance across it which means you are loosing voltage there in the form of heat. If you can run the truck for a while before this happens you can check for this simply by feeling if they are hot.

Thanks for the reply. I'm gonna say it's not the battery(s). I have 6 all together. They are fine in my kraton and in my granite with a castle system. It just with my blx80 esc. It's in a stock granite. Ill check my connections all around. I forgot to mention I even put a voltage meter on the balance plug while running it and it doesn't say the voltage is to low. I've tried running a nimh then switching it back to lipo mode and still acts up. Just got a turn it off then back on.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back