BLX motor cooling?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Twitchfast

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 6s
Bought a Typhon 6S V4 on Saturday and noticed with stock gearing the motor does get uncomfortably warm.
I'm confident it's not hot enough to damage the motor but if I can get it cooler I would be happier.

So my question being, I'd like to attach a heatsink to the motor but the motor already has these tiny fins which I would assume would make a heatsink a difficult proposition.

Thanks.

Bought a Typhon 6S V4 on Saturday and noticed with stock gearing the motor does get uncomfortably warm.
I'm confident it's not hot enough to damage the motor but if I can get it cooler I would be happier.

So my question being, I'd like to attach a heatsink to the motor but the motor already has these tiny fins which I would assume would make a heatsink a difficult proposition.

Thanks.
I'm pretty sure people have added heatsinks to the BLX185 motor. Indo think it is an issue. You can always add a fan as well.

Apologies if I'm being stupid, but are there any which are known to work with the BLX185 setup? I can't find anything specifically from Arrma.

Thanks.
I have an email out to Arrma asking if this Arrma heat sink will fit. I'll post their response here. Looks like it's a newer product, possibly made for the new Spektrum Firma line of motors?

Heat sink link - https://www.arrma-rc.com/part/ARA390299

Heat sink says it's for 40mm motors. (40mm OD ? 40mm stator diameter? i don't know what they're measuring for certain)

The BLX185 motor that comes with Typhon 6s (v4?) spec is 41.7mm. So the motor is 1.7mm larger than heat sink, i'm thinking it's an acceptable amount of flex in the heat sink and this will fit?

The heat sink also calls for this fan to be used: https://www.arrma-rc.com/part/ARA390300

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back