Granite Blx Motor Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SupraNik1910

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Hello everybody,

I finally got a brushless motor for my Granite Mega. I have a question about the pinion gear though. Is this the right gear for this motor? Something doesn't seem right here.

Attachments

• 20200411_101433.jpg
    20200411_101433.jpg
    402.5 KB · Views: 55
  • 20200411_101446.jpg
    20200411_101446.jpg
    413.3 KB · Views: 52
Looks like you got a 5mm pinion and the motor has a 3.175mm (1/8 inch) shaft. You'll need to get a pinion that's got a smaller center hole.

Damn!
Thanks for letting me know that.
Would there be any way you could help me find the right gear please?

The original Mega gear? If thats the 48p, yep still got it. I guess i need to buy new motor mount screws too the Mega screws don't work on blx motor mount

The original Mega gear? If thats the 48p, yep still got it. I guess i need to buy new motor mount screws too the Mega screws don't work on blx motor mount
Yeah it’s a slippery slope. Before you know you’ll have $300 in upgrades. Then you’ll wonder why you didn’t just buy a whole truck ??????

Soooo why don't you just use the pinion off your original motor? Original is 3.175mm shaft and should match.

Everyone was telling me that the brushless motor will strip the stock gears. And i just tried taking off the pinion and the hex wrench that the granite came with just stripped. Im a little disappointed right now.

Do you have the BLX fixed hole mount or the adjustable one? The BLX mount is set up for the 0.8mod (32p) spur and pinions.

They make a Mega adjustable mount but I would skip it and just get the BLX adjustable (AR310898) it will work with the Mega slipper and the BLX slipper assy.

I wouldn't worry about reusing the stock pinion any way with that motor. Get a 17t 48p pinion to work with stock mount or better yet get an adjustable motor mount and an assortment of 48p pinions like what @jondilly1974 linked above to try. You can just slot the holes in the stock mount also but it would be better to get an adjustable mount. I ran a similar motor 3100kv motor with a 23t 48p pinion in my Granite before I moved to more power.

YVcxJb9.jpg

I have the fixed hole BLX aluminum motor mount. It doesn't have the slots like yours. I found the right pinion gear on amainhobbies. Its basically the same bore that i have now but it comes with a reducer sleeve so it will fit the motor i have (hopefully). Im not gonna waste my time with the original gear, i decided to upgrade for a reason.

I was going to try to put the stock pinion on my new motor and just try to run it til i strip the gears because its getting super boring just playing video games in this quarantine but like i said in the earlier post, the hex wrench stripped.

Amazon taking forever to ship me the last few parts i need to complete this upgrade.

Amazon taking forever to ship me the last few parts i need to complete this upgrade.

What parts are you waiting for? All you need right now is a 48p 3.175mm (1/8") bore pinion. Just some 17t HD inputs then wait till things strip.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back