BLX Motor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Take the motor apart, you should be able to tell if it’s garbage. You might get lucky!??This happened to me on one of my blx 2400kv motors, pinion side bearing in three pieces.

About the black/grey dust inside the power module. I also couldn’t figure out at first where it was all coming from. It’s the slipper hitting the inside. I shimmed mine to keep it off the inside and no more dust!??
View attachment 102477View attachment 102478
How did you get that outer race out of the motor case?

I'll take your worn out, bad bearing motors...
I don’t have them separated out but you can have a bag full of old bearings for the cost of postage.

I was talking about your old motors. You said you see them as disposable, and you don't worry about fixing them. 🤷‍♂️ Or did you mean bearings?:ROFLMAO:
I probably have a few bad motors somewhere but generally throw out bad or broken parts.

This thread made me want to check my motor bearings and I'm glad I did, the 5x16x5 bearing nearest the pinion was sloppy as sh*t!

Debris and dust was still getting in and busting the bearing, so I've just done this mod using green slime, an o-ring and a washer I got from a hardware store ?‍?
Thanks, This is what I was looking for and I'm gonna seal the bottom so no sand/dirt can get in.

The problem with the black dust in the power module. Is this still a problem in the Granite 4x4 BLX V3? I´m going to buy one and it would be good to know if I need to fix it straight away or if its already hotfixed.

The problem with the black dust in the power module. Is this still a problem in the Granite 4x4 BLX V3? I´m going to buy one and it would be good to know if I need to fix it straight away or if its already hotfixed.
Do the fix(es) as a precaution. The module has a dirt deflector lip at the rear but the rest of the design is supposedly the same. I've seen people blow the bearing on the new Spektrum motor too

Do the fix(es) as a precaution. The module has a dirt deflector lip at the rear but the rest of the design is supposedly the same. I've seen people blow the bearing on the new Spektrum motor too
Right. Thx. I´ll get back to this when I get it to confirm that I´m putting the shims in the right place xD.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back