BLX Motor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are the bearings either end of the can the same size? I measured the one on the cap and it was 13x5 from what I could see. Looked good as new for now... ?

Are the bearings either end of the can the same size? I measured the one on the cap and it was 13x5 from what I could see. Looked good as new for now... ?
I think there are two versions of the motor. Some have the same front and rear. Others have a larger one.

On the 3200kv 3s motors the bearing on the cap end furthest from the pinion is 5x13x4

And the bearing closest to the pinion at the deep end of the can is 5x16x5... this is the one that people blow out

On the 3200kv 3s motors the bearing on the cap end furthest from the pinion is 5x13x4

And the bearing closest to the pinion at the deep end of the can is 5x16x5... this is the one that people blow out
That's the sizes I ordered. I figured it's worth a try ?

Only the new motors comes with 5x16x5 ussualy they come with 5x13x4

Last edited:
Anyone ever had any luck rebuilding Arrma motors? Today my BR stop running, took it apart and found out the front bearing in the motor blew apart. Not sure if its worth it or not. Kinda sucks, not very old 2400KV 3668 4-POLE
rebuild mine all time just put new bearings in

rebuild mine all time just put new bearings in
[/QUOTE
I put some better quality bearings in my motors. Hopefully this doesn’t happen again. Stock bearings aren’t worth much!

Update...

Ran the car about a dozen times deliberately in dust/dirt/grass...

Dirt still gets in to the power module HOWEVER none of it is from the spur rubbing on the motor mount plastics! The HPI shimming works so if you're getting black dust check your motor mount plastics for scoring and shim it up. Some people have cut a notch in the chassis under the spur to keep debris out so that could be done too

The o-ring mod worked like a dream! Just checked the o-ring and it's still in great condition, and the bearing is CLEAN!!! I didn't have to plug the other threads on the motor either. This should save you from the dirty bearing plague. Remember to wash your hands afterwards ?
I have an O-ring that fits, what's the size of the washer? 5mm inner diameter? How thick?
I also ordered those HPI shims you used.

To prevent dirt from getting in, I found this. So far it's working, the only debris I have is the black stuff from the plastics.
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/help-me-upgrade-my-senton-3s-for-sand.20322/page-2#post-297587

I have an O-ring that fits, what's the size of the washer? 5mm inner diameter? How thick?
I also ordered those HPI shims you used.

To prevent dirt from getting in, I found this. So far it's working, the only debris I have is the black stuff from the plastics.
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/help-me-upgrade-my-senton-3s-for-sand.20322/page-2#post-297587
The o-ring mod has been an absolute winner for me. The washers I used were just two generic M5 bolt washers from a hardware store, I just measured them at 5x9x1

P.s. when you fit the o-ring, only sit the washers and pinion on the o-ring - don't press against it. If you do, you'll get friction against the motor, and it's hard to tell until you put everything back in and roll the car on it's wheels to feel the resistance. I used some green slime grease underneath the o-ring too

The o-ring mod has been an absolute winner for me. The washers I used were just two generic M5 bolt washers from a hardware store, I just measured them at 5x9x1

P.s. when you fit the o-ring, only sit the washers and pinion on the o-ring - don't press against it. If you do, you'll get friction against the motor, and it's hard to tell until you put everything back in and roll the car on it's wheels to feel the resistance. I used some green slime grease underneath the o-ring too
Yeah, I was wondering about potential friction. Do the shims eliminate all black plastic debris? If so, maybe the o-ring isn't necessary. The tape modification I posted is keeping out all dirt from outside. I'll probably try everything and see how it works out.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back