Granite BLX Servos recommendations

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pablos

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Hey Guys,

I am thinking about upgrading my servo for better car handling. Firstly will upgraded servo improve it or I will be better off to wait until it breaks?

Secondly I want something reliable and bullet proof but don't want to spend a fortune. Will a servo from Arrma range ADS 15 for example be good enough? It's quite cheap I think compared to others

Also there are analog and digital servos. Will I feel the difference with digital one, I presume ESC can handle digital or there is a reason why stock one is analog?

Fourthly coreless servo or with core? Are stock ones with core and need to be adjusted after a while or they are all fit and forget with minimum maintenance?

Last point do servos have the same sizes for a given type of car and they are just fit and forget? No need for nay modifications on the car like holes drilling etc? Optically they look the same

Thanks for all your input. I know some questions are really basic to more experienced RC drivers!

Paul

- It will improve definitely, both on speed and precision.
- ADS 15 will not give you much above what you have, it stronger but the strength is not what you miss.. is still analog and very slow.
- Digital/Analog are the same regarding the esc (or more correctly reciever). it's how they internally measure they are at the angle you requested. all RTR are analog. Digital is much much better and not that more expensive. Definitly upgrade to digital.
- Coreless is faster, but raise the price. doesn't effect maintenance or anything.
- Size can change, but at the normal price range (below 50$) all you'll find will probably fit and be the same size.

If you want the bottom line in my opinion - Get a JX PDI-6113MG, it's 30$ and super fast and precise. It's digital and coreless. It's what i use in the arrma's 3s cars.

1st. An upgraded servo will defenitely be better, stock servo's are often not that fast and strong. Further it is totally up to you if you want to wait until you break it.
2nd. If you want something bulletproof you should (ofcourse;) go for a metal geared servo which is water proof. Plastic gears will melt quick when put on fast rc cars.
3rd. Difference between analog and digital, as Yonic mentioned. Analog servo's will keep a computer updated by a voltage which is generated with an induction sensor. Digital servo's do this by sending data over a wire. Like the 0's and 1's. It does not make that big of a difference, but digital is more reliable and precise. I'm not a 100% sure if you need a compatible reciever for this or not, maybe someone can help with that.
4th. Coreless and with core is about the same story like brushed and brushless motors. A coreless servo is more smooth, since there is no dead point in the motor, like with a brushed motor.
5th. I don't really know about the sizes, but I think you are most likely to drill holes for a new mount.

Savox SC-1258TG

Is a direct replacement for my Senton 3S. It's not only so much faster, but also almost 2x as powerful.

Digital vs Analog - My Futaba RX had no problem with the stock analog and obviously supports the digital servos.

EDIT: Sizing - 1/8 1/10 seem to all be the same "standard". So most should be a direct drop in replacement.

I got the Savox because it was in stock. A little pricey compared but I had it within a week.

I have a Granite and to did some research some time back on a servo replacement. Based on YT videos (think it was JJ) and what I read I landed on this one:

JX ecoboost cls6322hv 21kg Large Torque 180 CNC Aluminum Shell Metal Gear

I have no idea being new to the hobby if this is bad or good but the YT people that had it in theirs liked it for the price and worked well in the Granite. I do NOT know I ordered it and its caught up in oversea shipment right now so I'll know once I get it and install...

After the fact but I am option to thoughts is someone has it

I’ve put the 25kg DS3225 Amazon servos in my kraton 4s and outcast 4s. They are a big upgrade to the stock servos are are a good value at $25 each. Great for bashing.

Upgrading your servo saver would also improve your handling the Kimbrough servo savers are highly recommended in these forums. I got them on my rigs. It would be cheaper upgrade for improved handling.

Kimbrough 124 extra large. You will need to trim the excess off with some snips.

Thanks for this. Just noticed shipping from US to Europe is 35 quid and servo saver 8 quid... I will give this a miss unless I can source it in Europe

Thanks guys for all the recommendations. Went with Savox 1210 in the end due to availability really and heard good things about the quality as well. Got Spectrum DX5C at the same time! Just a little covid 19 project, can't wait! :)

I’ve put the 25kg DS3225 Amazon servos in my kraton 4s and outcast 4s. They are a big upgrade to the stock servos are are a good value at $25 each. Great for bashing.

Upgrading your servo saver would also improve your handling the Kimbrough servo savers are highly recommended in these forums. I got them on my rigs. It would be cheaper upgrade for improved handling.
Are there any videos on replacing the servo with the ds3225? I just got mine in today and the metal servo saver that came with it hits the mount for the servo. I’m still pretty new to the hobby so this will be my first replacement

Are there any videos on replacing the servo with the ds3225? I just got mine in today and the metal servo saver that came with it hits the mount for the servo. I’m still pretty new to the hobby so this will be my first replacement

There may be some better answers just trying to help...
This forum has a little info in the beginning:
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/razor-rc-kraton-4x4-4s.13752/

Video with a Granite servo swap...different servo I think:

Use the stock servo saver, the metal piece that the DS servo comes with is not a servo saver but a solid arm.

Just put savox 1211sg in my Senton and it’s awesome. It’s not cheap but it’s very strong and very fast. No more steering trim adjust every 2 minutes Like with stock.

The DS3225 doesn’t come with a servo saver. The long metal piece that came with the servo is called a servo horn. You won’t need that.

if you didn’t upgrade the stock servo saver then just reuse the stock servo saver.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back