BLx100 + HobbyWing 3660Sl 3200kv G2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big Cheese

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
I'm done with the stock Spectrum Motor and its issues. I want to keep the BLX100 Esc and just get the Hobbywing Ezrun 3660Sl 3200KV motor. Will it pair ok and not cog? I've had issues in the past with other brands not pairing. Its to go into the Big Rock v3.
Also what does the SL stand for?
Thanks

Should not have any issue. That being said it would probably perform similar to the stock one. If you are having cogging issue go with a slightly larger can and lower kv. Maybe 2400-2800kv. Like the 4268 motor 2600kv.

SL is sensorless. The hobbywing motor will perform about the same as the stock motor so it wont really be and upgrade. Lower kv and bigger can will have much better results.

Its 6mm larger in diameter and 8mm longer so it shouldn't be much heavier.

If you are referring to the issues if the stock motors fragging bearings, a different motor won't fix it. The problem comes from the design of the power module, not the motor

Note if you go bigger diameter motor your stock heat sink and fan will no longer fit, as its snug on a 36 mm can.

To answer your question about pairing to the Hobbywing = yes with no issues. I have a Spektrum 85 amp esc paired with a HW 4000 KV, and I have a Spektrum BLX100 paired with a HW 3200 KV. No notable cogging and or overheating.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back