Typhon Blx100 lvc issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thx
any reccomended places to buy this?
how is it straight out of box

Last edited:
thx
any reccomended places to buy this?
how is it straight out of box
Local hobby store is always the best place. Always support the local hobby store first. Most offer online shopping as well, but always choose the one closest to you.

i think its horizon hobby in champaign, cause falcon hobby closed down. :(
Well they are definitely the right place to buy an Arrma. Any issues down the road, and they'll absolutely know where you bought it from. 2 year warranty on new Arrma products.

Hopefully they send you the Max10 SCT. The Max10 is only 3S capable and rated at 60A while the Max10 SCT is 4s capable and rated to 120A.

I never had an LVC issue with my BLX100's but I did have cogging issue when I went to a larger pinion. Unfortunately, when I went with the Max10 SCT it didn't help. Performance was exactly the same. But it has more program options and the ability to monitor motor temps when paired with compatible HW motors.

Hopefully they send you the Max10 SCT. The Max10 is only 3S capable and rated at 60A while the Max10 SCT is 4s capable and rated to 120A.

I never had an LVC issue with my BLX100's but I did have cogging issue when I went to a larger pinion. Unfortunately, when I went with the Max10 SCT it didn't help. Performance was exactly the same. But it has more program options and the ability to monitor motor temps when paired with compatible HW motors.
Yeah it is the max 10 sct 120A.

Most of the people having the issue seem to be recent purchasers.

Yeah it is the max 10 sct 120A.

Most of the people having the issue seem to be recent purchasers.
Ok cool. That's really nice of your LHS to do that. It should solve your issues for sure.

Ok cool. That's really nice of your LHS to do that. It should solve your issues for sure.
Yeah they have been superb and I will be getting a couple of 6s arrmas through them soon as I have cleared a home in the garage for the cars.

If it wasn't for the fact they were so good I wouldn't be buying another Arrma as Horizon customer service here in the UK was pointless.

Ok thanks! I was thinking this esc would work or the hobbywing max 10 sct
I got the esc this morning and fitted it and car runs perfectly. It actually can be thrashed to the point it feels like a different car.

Hobbywing Max 10sct is what they sent and it so much better than the arrma esc.
It did thanks
Noted, thanks. I'll wait for the stock BLX to burn out and take the Max10 into consideration as a future replacement. Great store owners you have btw. Nice to see the lhs still thriving where you are, and able to help the consumer when the Brand can't.
The max 10sct is definitely worth considering as the one I received today works very well.

I was wondering how many people have had issues with the esc on the 3s line up?

I bought my son a Typhon for xmas and after a couple of short full throttle bursts it would go into limp mode. The store I bought it from sent a new esc and on it's first run it seemed ok but on it's second time started cutting out again.
At first I thought it was thermal as the manual states red warning light for thermal but it is definitely lvc cut off.

It is not the batteries as tried various types and when I plug them back into the charger they are always 3.8v+ per cell.

Looking on some other forums it seems quite a common problem.

You could try a higher C battery it hold the punch longer, but really Arrma ESC are?. Try a hobby wing max 10

I was wondering how many people have had issues with the esc on the 3s line up?

I bought my son a Typhon for xmas and after a couple of short full throttle bursts it would go into limp mode. The store I bought it from sent a new esc and on it's first run it seemed ok but on it's second time started cutting out again.
At first I thought it was thermal as the manual states red warning light for thermal but it is definitely lvc cut off.

It is not the batteries as tried various types and when I plug them back into the charger they are always 3.8v+ per cell.

Looking on some other forums it seems quite a common problem.

I’ve been through similar issues and replaced and esc etc only to find out it was the radio or the reciever
They just sent me a new receiver...we will see

You could try a higher C battery it hold the punch longer, but really Arrma ESC are?. Try a hobby wing max 10

It's essentially a HW esc. What Arrma does it does very well. Same as the radio. It's essentially a Spektrum radio. Business is business. I'm glad Arrma invests in durability engineering as a priority. The little cheap tidbits aren't contributing to the final purchase unless we buy for electrics anyway. Who buys a rtr truck expecting to not make personal changes? Fortunately for the hobbyist, the structural durability, honest business practices, brand consistency and parts cross-utilization are the real mvp.

Read above, I already have
I’ve been through similar issues and replaced and esc etc only to find out it was the radio or the reciever
They just sent me a new receiver...we will see
No it was the esc but the hobbywing max 10sct has sorted it
It's essentially a HW esc. What Arrma does it does very well. Same as the radio. It's essentially a Spektrum radio. Business is business. I'm glad Arrma invests in durability engineering as a priority. The little cheap tidbits aren't contributing to the final purchase unless we buy for electrics anyway. Who buys a rtr truck expecting to not make personal changes? Fortunately for the hobbyist, the structural durability, honest business practices, brand consistency and parts cross-utilization are the real mvp.

I like the Arrma cars but RTR means it should be properly usable out the box. Upgrades should be a choice not a necessity.

The Stx2 is junk as you have a high speed car with a laggy radio, very bad idea.

Yes the esc is a hobbywing rebrand but the software is aarma's own and that is where the problem is. Lvc should not kick in everytime you put the throttle down. 50mph+ but only for 50ft is the more honest slogan. The esc while not breaking the bank is still a quarter of the price of the 3s.

Add that to the leaky shocks a lot of people seem to have and the frankly awful bearings then you have to wonder what aarma are doing.

Do you get paid for your posts?

Last edited:
I wasn’t happy with my Blx ESC I have heard they are rebranded Hobbywing, they program the same way, the only thing is the LVC isn’t optional, Hobby can vary from Low, Med, High, Low stops just about 3.0v per cell
Under Load of course, I found the Arrma stops around 3.5 under load so the battery’s are roughly around storage level when the Arrma LVC kicks the kraton is a big boy so it was drawing current which meant my Bateries still had life in them in a smaller model. I get a little bit longer run time now with my MAX8 as well as running a 2200kv motor instead of 2050kv so I can’t complain.

I wasn’t happy with my Blx ESC I have heard they are rebranded Hobbywing, they program the same way, the only thing is the LVC isn’t optional, Hobby can vary from Low, Med, High, Low stops just about 3.0v per cell
Under Load of course, I found the Arrma stops around 3.5 under load so the battery’s are roughly around storage level when the Arrma LVC kicks the kraton is a big boy so it was drawing current which meant my Bateries still had life in them in a smaller model. I get a little bit longer run time now with my MAX8 as well as running a 2200kv motor instead of 2050kv so I can’t complain.

On the blx100 it was chopping in when it was 3.8v
as soon as you hit full throttle. Run the max10sct on intermediate lvc and it works perfectly.

On the blx100 it was chopping in when it was 3.8v
as soon as you hit full throttle. Run the max10sct on intermediate lvc and it works perfectly.
I have found my Blx in my Senton3s not all that bad, to be Fair, The One thing disappointing me about the Max ESC is that there is No timing adjust option ?, It’s Always nice to have the option to fry your motor by squeezing a little more speed Out of it. Seriously I mean 52mph is faster than 50mph and drag racing winning is Winning By an Inch or a Mile.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back