BLX100 Motor Problems

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 3s
  2. Voltage
I have the ARRMA Senton 3S, and I took my car to my neighborhood park and I turned my car ON. Then checked the steering, and when I pressed the throttle the car moved forward a little then it made a noise like the motor or spur gear weren't turning correctly and not turning any other things

Sounds like the slipper clutch came loose. You get a squealing/whining noise when you give a lot of throttle right? It's a common problem. The quickest solution is take out the slipper screw, put some loc-tite on it and screw it back in (wait 24 hours for it to cure). But it shouldn't be fully tight. There are varying opinions on how to get the right tightness. Some use the wheel drag system, others loosen by hand. The tighter it is, the faster response you'll get (easier wheelies), but too tight and it breaks loose more easily. If you loosen by hand, people will recommend anywhere from 1/2 turn to 1-1/2 full turns from fully tight. (I use 1-1/4, anything less than 1 full turn broke loose again.) There are a few threads on how to set your slipper by hand or the wheel drag method.

With a little extra effort, it's better to try to take everything out (screw, spring, spacers) and clean them up. When you put the screw back in with loc-tite, try not to get loc-tite on the spring and spacers. Finally, after it is screwed in, I think putting a little loc-tite where the screw comes out the back of the slipper makes all the difference in preventing it from coming loose again. My slipper has not come loose again since I loosened 1-1/4 and put loc-tite on the back.

P.S. The new 3s line now uses a nut on the back of the slipper screw to prevent it from coming out. But you would have to buy a slipper maintenance set to get the nut and the new input gear to allow the nut to fit. The new input gear is not available yet.

Last edited:
Clutch is loose open it up clean put threadlock into the hole of the rear hub and tighten it when it feels snug and back out half a turn i use red threadlock because blue does nothing at all with the kind of heat the clutches hit blue will just breakdown. You can tune it on the field afterwards

Yes, when I give a lot throttle it makes the squealing/whining noise. The slipper clutch screw is the one I should put Lock-tight one the image below? Also, what spares should I get for the motor/slipper area?
Arrma 3S BLX Slipper Clutch Maintenance Set

Yes, some loc-tite on the end of that screw. I haven't needed any spares, the slipper screw has come loose, but nothing has broken.

Surchaufeur's method of just putting loc-tite into the screw hole from the back before screwing in is actually better. The loc-tite will fill the hole and cover the screw once you screw it in. I would change it slightly by putting in the screw just a little bit before adding the loc-tite. This will block the hole and avoid the loc-tite running all the way through and getting onto the spring. (This is actually how I loc-tite all my other screws, not sure why I didn't think of it before)

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back