Typhon .blx100 no like 4S

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Blx100 no like 4S. No throttle
You'll need to upgrade your esc to get 4s out of it. Be careful on over heating the motor unless you wanna upgrade that as well.

Edit: hopefully you didn't burn out your current esc with the 4s...

Say What Weird Al GIF

You'll need to upgrade your esc to get 4s out of it. Be careful on over heating the motor unless you wanna upgrade that as well.

Edit: hopefully you didn't burn out your current esc with the 4s...
I don’t think it will blow the ESC as it has a safety built in. It won’t engage the motor with a higher voltage. I’ve done this a long time ago on accident. Grabbed the wrong pack and couldn’t figure out why it wouldn’t run. Realized I grabbed a 4S pack by mistake. Plugged a 3S in and it is still running today.

Everything according to plan!

The frankenstein went 4S last night! On half throttle it is ludicrously fast.

Max10sct and a 2850kv 18T pinion.

Tried the typhon to make sure I didn't fry anything but I do have a BNIB blx100 just in case but it's fine.

I am gonna upgrade the ESC on the typhon. It has a 2650kv 4070 in it so the motor will definitely handle it. And yes I am aware that the drivetrain will detonate.

It'll probably go 80mph on hoons at least once before that though.

Not a single part of this post makes sense. The title nor the body. English!?!
It’s OK, some people speak in ‘short speak’. While they expect others to understand their short speak, ultimately why bother. I mean most of us went to school you know 😂

I was a bit hazy and exhausted when I first made the post. It was late and it was an excitement filled day.
I know it's not related to this thread and I don't feel like digging up the other thread but did you ever hear anything back from Horizon about the rtr esc being neutered compared to the retail one?

I know it's not related to this thread and I don't feel like digging up the other thread but did you ever hear anything back from Horizon about the rtr esc being neutered compared to the retail one?
I just sent that sunday evening. They started a ticket and haven't requested any more information.

I imagine it'll be a few days before I hear something.

I can't imagine what response they will give. I am hoping they just figure it is easier to give me a new one and make me go away.

'It's fine to discharge your battery to 3.0v. Just use a LiPo alarm if you're gonna be a big baby about it. Sincerely, Horizon Hobby. PS: there is still money in your bank account. We are gravely disappointed.'

Yo. I don't know if I should say this out loud or not but they didn't even question it. Horizon is sending me an á la carte replacement ESC.

They did make me sign an NDA though. . .
Just kidding.

But that's pretty awesome of them. That's now I think 3 different interactions with the warranty service and they have come through on every one.

Maybe they know they'll recoup the cost in no time especially with the recent price hike 🤣.

So. . . That was awesome.

Yo. I don't know if I should say this out loud or not but they didn't even question it. Horizon is sending me an á la carte replacement ESC.

They did make me sign an NDA though. . .
Just kidding.

But that's pretty awesome of them. That's now I think 3 different interactions with the warranty service and they have come through on every one.

Maybe they know they'll recoup the cost in no time especially with the recent price hike 🤣.

So. . . That was awesome.
So they are just sending you a new esc?

I put up a convincing argument I think but I didn't really expect them to do that for me. My other claims were pretty well written and professional sounding. This one was kind if a throwaway.

Was this a peepee move? Or like an abuse of their awesome customer service?

They're so good to me I would hate for them to think I am a peepee and shut me out.

My argument is that the SPMSXE1150 is listed on the box and in the documentation: why should it be different from every other SPMSXE1150? It should perform the same as that unit does in other brands owned by HH.

What bothered me about it is that it was a deliberate choice on the part of Horizon to include a version with less options and less functionality. There was some effort put into it: it would have been easier to just include the legit version than to produce different documentation like the programming chart and program the two versions differently.

Why would they put effort into this? To hurt kit breakers? I don't get it.

I wish they would have told me in more detail which firmware version to use to get the options I want: heck I would have even paid 40USD to get the programming card and I might anyway just to take advantage of the telemetry and stuff. If they had been transparent about it so we could all be better informed.

But on the same note: the firmware update guide lists a certain version as 'Original manufacturer version' which might be the 'good version'

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back