BLX185 durabulity

grant1120

Reaction score
Hey all, I'm about to get a senton, and just want some last minute advice/ reviews from all of you guys on the BLX185 esc. I know that this guy has a built in fan, but I'm worried about dirt, rock, and grass. Will any of these effect the performance of the fan/ the esc if anything gets lodged into it? And if so does anybody have any good home-made solutions to keep all of the objects out of the fan? Thanks for the help!

chevys10zr2003

Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Senton 6s
  3. Typhon 6s
I
Hey all, I'm about to get a senton, and just want some last minute advice/ reviews from all of you guys on the BLX185 esc. I know that this guy has a built in fan, but I'm worried about dirt, rock, and grass. Will any of these effect the performance of the fan/ the esc if anything gets lodged into it? And if so does anybody have any good home-made solutions to keep all of the objects out of the fan? Thanks for the help!
I have a Senton and yes rocks and other debris will get on the fan. I'm currently making something similar to what is shown in the following post.

https://arrmaforum.com/threads/debris-getting-caught-in-esc-fan-thoughts.1271/

Uguessedit

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
No issues here in fact i have been running these in Traxxas and Savage products too. I really like them.