Kraton BLX185 ESC 5S Lipo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For an example, let's say you are running a Kraton with 165mm tires and a 14t pinion on 6s. Top speed is approximately 57 mph. Too fast! 5s would top out at 47 mph. Wow, I like that! So why not just drop the pinion to a 12t and continue to run 6s. Top speed is within 1 mph of the 14t pinion on 5s. That's what I would do instead of monkeying around with alarms and whatnot.

I'm running stock pinion

I'm running stock pinion
Basically, the point is a 5S battery does not offer a lot of flexibility. Going 4 and 6S let you use two 2S, two 3S, or one 4S and one 6S.
5S does not let you utilize all your batteries very well. If you only had one RC car and never planned to get more I guess it wouldn't matter if you ran 5S and all you had was 5s batteries.

Basically, the point is a 5S battery does not offer a lot of flexibility. Going 4 and 6S let you use two 2S, two 3S, or one 4S and one 6S.
5S does not let you utilize all your batteries very well. If you only had one RC car and never planned to get more I guess it wouldn't matter if you ran 5S and all you had was 5s batteries.
Between 4s and 6s you can gear these things 9 ways to Sunday. I don't understand the hand wringing over the lack of 5S support on the ESC. But if that's what he wants it can be done ?(y)

Between 4s and 6s you can gear these things 9 ways to Sunday. I don't understand the hand wringing over the lack of 5S support on the ESC. But if that's what he wants it can be done ?(y)
Indeed. TBH I could care less about 5S but just seems silly not to include it in the firmware. If people want to buy it and use it, let them!

I believe they don't allow 5s due to dumb dumbs mixing batteries together! To many ways to blow things up with 5s. These are RTR vehicles made for everyone to make it easier. Geez just do the gearing thing or something simple... GEARING!!!!! Sorry by the time I got to the end of the thread I had to vent ?

I believe they don't allow 5s due to dumb dumbs mixing batteries together! To many ways to blow things up with 5s. These are RTR vehicles made for everyone to make it easier. Geez just do the gearing thing or something simple... GEARING!!!!! Sorry by the time I got to the end of the thread I had to vent ?
That is a very valid point!! I hate that we have to make everything dummy proof though. LOL. Again, if you were directing this at me however, I do not run 5S. No need as I agree with the train of thought on this thread.

Being as these vehicles come with dual connectors off the esc's, it's just to easy for people to not understand these batteries. I already see to much mixing of different batteries with same cell, different mAh power. It can get hot out there when you don't understand these things! ?

Being as these vehicles come with dual connectors off the esc's, it's just to easy for people to not understand these batteries. I already see to much mixing of different batteries with same cell, different mAh power. It can get hot out there when you don't understand these things! ?
...and then there is running in series or parallel, etc. This RC game is not easy on beginners and not cheap!

...and then there is running in series or parallel, etc. This RC game is not easy on beginners and not cheap!
Yeah. Used a series connector on my little MERV once... Found out real quick that I was the dumb dumb. It didn't do well with 6s ?

For an example, let's say you are running a Kraton with 165mm tires and a 14t pinion on 6s. Top speed is approximately 57 mph. Too fast! 5s would top out at 47 mph. Wow, I like that! So why not just drop the pinion to a 12t and continue to run 6s. Top speed is within 1 mph of the 14t pinion on 5s. That's what I would do instead of monkeying around with alarms and whatnot.

I use single pack 4s and 6s packs anyway

You could run a 2s and 3s lipo together to make 5s, as long as they are the same capacity, c rate, from the same manufacturer and the same age. Like for example if you had a HRB 5000mah 50c 2s, you can combine that with a HRB 5000mah 50c 3s and they would make a 5000mah 50c 5s battery, only do this in series this will not work in parallel configurations.
This was going to be my guess too, because let's face it people am dumb. :wacky:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back