Kraton BLX185 ESC 5S Lipo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's so many settings you could adjust. If running 4s or 6s, you have 9 options for punch and throttle end points that can be set. By fine tuning the esc and transmitter, you can find that same sweet spot, without messing with turning off the lvc alarm. Eventually, your going to want it set to 9 and full throttle anyways. Skip the 5s and run it maxed out on 4s or scaled back on 6s.

Can I set the max speed down too? :p

You keep it on the balance plug. It's there to measure the battery voltage.

A transmitter with some extra features can be told to limit throttle. I have a preset on my RC4g to limit throttle to 50% for my kid.

You keep it on the balance plug. It's there to measure the battery voltage.

A transmitter with some extra features can be told to limit throttle. I have a preset on my RC4g to limit throttle to 50% for my kid.

Okay thank you, is there a way to set the voltage where it cuts off??

Some are fixed, some are adjustable. The one linked has a button where you set the alarm voltage.

I'm just curious as to why Arrma felt the need to disable the esc from detecting 5s in the first place.
Okay thank you, is there a way to set the voltage where it cuts off??
With those low voltage alarms it doesn't cut off it starts making a really loud beeping sound.

I'm just curious as to why Arrma felt the need to disable the esc from detecting 5s in the first place.
With those low voltage alarms it doesn't cut off it starts making a really loud beeping sound.
oh okay that's fine I'm just gonna set it to 0.2v above from what the esc would cut off so I won't miss the beeping

oh okay that's fine I'm just gonna set it to 0.2v above from what the esc would cut off so I won't miss the beeping
Oh trust me you won't miss it lol

Indeed. If 5S is a viable option, which it is, we should be able to use it if we want without compromise. How hard could it be to allow 5S with the ESC?

Indeed. If 5S is a viable option, which it is, we should be able to use it if we want without compromise. How hard could it be to allow 5S with the ESC?
The settings for that are in the firmware of the esc and that is locked and you cannot modify it or upload a different firmware, so you have 2 options disable lvc and run an external alarm or buy an esc that is 5s capable, the real Hobbywing WP8BL-150 can use 5s but it's not much of an upgrade over the BLX185 as they are essentially the same esc, with the BLX185 being neutered down of course. The Hobbywing Max8, Max6, Castle MM2 and MMX will all work with 5s lipos irrc.

The settings for that are in the firmware of the esc and that is locked and you cannot modify it or upload a different firmware, so you have 2 options disable lvc and run an external alarm or buy an esc that is 5s capable, the real Hobbywing WP8BL-150 can use 5s but it's not much of an upgrade over the BLX185 as they are essentially the same esc, with the BLX185 being neutered down of course. The Hobbywing Max8, Max6, Castle MM2 and MMX will all work with 5s lipos irrc.
Understood as a matter of fact I put a Max8 in my Kraton and I don't even run 5S, but what I meant was why not just include it in the firmware. Not like giving the option for 5S would hurt anything.

Understood as a matter of fact I put a Max8 in my Kraton and I don't even run 5S, but what I meant was why not just include it in the firmware. Not like giving the option for 5S would hurt anything.
Right? There was really no reason for them to remove it.

For an example, let's say you are running a Kraton with 165mm tires and a 14t pinion on 6s. Top speed is approximately 57 mph. Too fast! 5s would top out at 47 mph. Wow, I like that! So why not just drop the pinion to a 12t and continue to run 6s. Top speed is within 1 mph of the 14t pinion on 5s. That's what I would do instead of monkeying around with alarms and whatnot.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back