BLX185 ESC tuning problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Mojave
  2. Typhon 6s
Hi guys,

I just wanted to tune my blx185 esc to up the punch a bit. But when I started to do that, it didn't do what it should do.

The manual says I have to hold the set button and turn the esc on. After that a green LED will flash and I have to release it when I got the right amount of green flashes (2 flashes is punch setting). I did this and then red LED flashes. It flashes and beeps with the amount of your setting. I wanted to set the punch from lvl 4 to lvl 5, but it didn't go any further than 4. And after I got to 4 flashes, there is one long flash and one, two, three or four flashes/beeps.

I have reset the esc to factory defaults, before I mess things up.

Does anybody knows what those long flashes/beeps stand for?

Please let me know! Thanks!

I have a new notorious 6s. I want to tune the punch but when I hold down the set button and turn the esc on the green light flashes once and thats it. I cannot get the esc to go into tuning mode? Any suggestions?

Are you pressing down the set button. then turn it on and continue holding down the set button until you hear and see one beep and Flash then two then three then four then one long beep and then one long one and a short one is 6 you want to go into the one long beep which is 5.

Are you pressing down the set button. then turn it on and continue holding down the set button until you hear and see one beep and Flash then two then three then four then one long beep and then one long one and a short one is 6 you want to go into the one long beep which is 5.
When I do this, the green give 3 slow blinks and then does nothing

Is there anything else I can do to put the ESC into tuning mode because the directions in the manual are not working?

Something definitely isn't right. Did you ever calibrate the ESC when you got the truck? It looks like the ESC is not recognizing the signal from the set button. That happened to me once and it was because the lead from the power button to the ESC got damaged. I actually nicked the wire that connects the set button and it was causing the issue. Does your power button lead look ok?

Something definitely isn't right. Did you ever calibrate the ESC when you got the truck? It looks like the ESC is not recognizing the signal from the set button. That happened to me once and it was because the lead from the power button to the ESC got damaged. I actually nicked the wire that connects the set button and it was causing the issue. Does your power button lead look ok?
Yes, that is the first thing I checked. No nicks on the wire.

Yes I tried with transmitter on too. I will call Aarma tomorrow when they are open to see what I have to do.
What are your thoughts on the ovonic lipo 3s Lipo batteries that I am using?

Yes I tried with transmitter on too. I will call Aarma tomorrow when they are open to see what I have to do.
What are your thoughts on the ovonic lipo 3s Lipo batteries that I am using?
I have never heard of them but I am no expert in batteries. They meet and exceed the minimum requirements, so that's good.

Okay just looked at your video and yes without a doubt something is up with that ESC. warranty problem they will definitely take care of you. I think I'm about to have to call them myself my motor is not sounding too good when I punch it. it sucks but it happen as long as they fix it in the end

I have a new notorious 6s. I want to tune the punch but when I hold down the set button and turn the esc on the green light flashes once and thats it. I cannot get the esc to go into tuning mode? Any suggestions?

Hold it longer, then the green led will flash 2 times. Then release it. The esc will flash and beep with a red led. This is the punch setting and has levels from 1 to level 9. Level 1 equals 1 beep/flash, level 2 equals 2 beep/flashes and so on. Level 5 equals one long beep/flash, level 6 equals one long and one short beep/flash. I got this wrong at first.

Thx for your reply. I already sent the esc to aarma. It turned out to be a faulty esc. Aarma sent me a brand new one and it works perfect.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back