BLX185 flashing and receiver not lighting up

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phils

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
So I repaired a couple diffs on my kraton 6s v3 and went to do a test run.. turn everything on and no throttle or steering works.

Open up radio box and no light from receiver. ESC is flashing red fast constantly.

Check voltage from ESC to receiver and steady 6v.
ESC can go onto menu and blips the motor and I can check punch setting etc fine.

Car got a bit wet a few weeks prior so I thought maybe the receiver had died which would explain symptoms so far.

So bit the bullet and bought a new spektrum dx3 (couldn't get tactic receiver replacement)
However new sr315 receiver also doesn't light up.

Receiver has following ports:

STR
THR
AUX1
BATT

I'm assuming the cable from ESC goes into THR and servo goes into STR?

Any ideas what's going on ? Now I'm worried the ESC has died and I just wasted a bunch of money on a new receiver!

Thanks!

Did you bind the new receiver to the radio?

The transmitter and receiver came together so should be bound already. But even if not, there should be a light on the receiver when powered on, I assume?

Can’t remember....do you have the black wire of the ESC and Servo connector facing the right or outside side? They may be plugged in backwards?

Black to the outside (it has a negative symbol there too)

Try plugging the ESC into the BATT port and see if the light comes on. If it does go ahead and try to rebind it.

No luck.. no light :(. Might have to take it to LHS to see if they can narrow it down. I don't have enough spare parts to be able to work out if I have any faulty parts.

Thanks. Unfortunately the light does not flash when I do the bind procedure. The BEC must be providing 6v but perhaps is not able to supply enough current or something :-/

Well dang, that sucks. Do you have a Voltmeter? You can use it to see if power is getting through the ESC. Turn the ESC on and place the respective pos and neg probes on the pos and neg pin inside the ESC connector. Your ESC may be fried from the water? At least this will tell you if it’s the ESC or RX....

Yeah tested that at the start.. 6v steady .. and 3.3v on the signal line (not sure if good or bad)

So my blx120 had the same exact symptoms. You could try pairing with another receiver to see if that went bad maybe? In the end HH warrantied my esc and that solved my issue.

What’s odd though is how yours just sort of stopped working suddenly. Mine quit after a 40 ft. chassis slap onto concrete.

So I have a pretty good idea of what went wrong, thanks to my local hobby store (Metro Hobbies in Box Hill! Great place!)

Confirmed the ESC was still good, but unfortunately my old receiver and the new receiver I bought to replace it are both dead, likely killed by my servo (year old PowerHD DW-25LV) which is also dead. This was already expensive and just got worse... New servo ordered and waiting for replacement spektrum receiver to come in...

Lesson for anyone else. If you're having any electronics issues, you need to confirm the health of all components (motor, ESC, receiver, servo) before replacing anything.

Ok I'm so frustrated right now. Got a new servo and receiver.. tested it all worked with ESC.. put car all back together and then same thing happened again .. turned car on and red light flashing.. receiver appears dead.. don't have a way of testing servo.

This is suggesting the blx185 is possibly killing everything around it .but not all the time.. this is incredibly frustrating and expensive :((((

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back