Blx185 motor on a sidewinder 3?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WTF MIKE

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Just curious what could or would happen if I paired my blx185 motor to my sw3? Reason I’m asking is my stampede has a 4600kv motor in it and it overheats all the time. I’d only run it on 3s btw

My guess is - Smoke! It could work for a while, so long as you don't load up the motor. But seeing as that motor sometimes smokes the stock 150a esc, I would worry about the 45a/80a sidewinder...

Yeah, it will probably try to pull a lot more current than the ESC can pass through. So instead of your motor heating up all the time, your esc will thermal, if not die.

Might want to try the 3200kv motor from the granite instead.

I run the castle sct sv3 on my stampede with the 3800kv castle motor on 3S. Haven't run it much when it's above 70F out though, but it's been fun when it's 50F. :)

Is your stampede a 4wd or 2wd? If it's 2wd, you can probalby get away with a 3800kv motor. Mines a 4wd and honestly, the 3800kv motor is really too low of torque motor for what I'm doing with it... if it dies on me, I'll try the arrma 3200 or the hobbywing. Something thinner but longer and lower KV to get more torque.

It’s a 4wd. I don’t want to spend any more money on it I have a complete blx185 system I might just throw in there or just leave it as is. I barely drive it my 5 year old drives it. Thanks for the input guys.

Yeah those sv3’s already run hot with the stock 36mm short cans, no way in hell it’ll survive a 4274 big boy like that.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back