BLX185 No Throttle - Green Light Flashes 4 times

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know this is old but this just happened to me too on v1 infraction w blx185. Infuriating. I’ve bought it 3rd hand so I guess it might be castle esc time! I’ve been wanting one anyway. I’m glad I came across this thread.

And yes I did run it in the wet a few days ago.
Idk if this can help but i took my stingray for one last run this year before winter and i had no throttle only steering led was blinking red on the esc. Then i noticed my TH trim was way off centred that. Esc stopped blinking and i got throttle back. It was on a max 6

I tried a new model memory because I wasn’t sure what was going On w the profile I had inherited on the dx5 rugged. Anytime I’d change the throttle trim it would just reset back.

Idk if this can help but i took my stingray for one last run this year before winter and i had no throttle only steering led was blinking red on the esc. Then i noticed my TH trim was way off centred that. Esc stopped blinking and i got throttle back. It was on a max 6
On the BLX escs the red led blinks when the throttle trim is off.
The LED flashing green 4 times is a firmware error if I remember correctly.

Makes sense that it’s a firmware error. Based on what I read earlier people have varying degrees of success trying to get the esc to work again. Kinda makes me concerned about buying hobbywing.

Makes sense that it’s a firmware error. Based on what I read earlier people have varying degrees of success trying to get the esc to work again. Kinda makes me concerned about buying hobbywing.
Yeah but this thread is only 5 pages long after almost 5 years I would like to think that it is not that common of a problem. Everything can fail nothing is going to be 100% perfect and last forever unfortunately.

A single series of an ESC having issues (usually fixable) is no reason to think any less of Hobbywing. They make millions of ESCs in dozens or hundreds of varieties (slighty modified and/or rebranded)...

A single series of an ESC having issues (usually fixable) is no reason to think any less of Hobbywing. They make millions of ESCs in dozens or hundreds of varieties (slighty modified and/or rebranded)...
Yeah when you think about the grand scheme of things aside from Traxxas and a slew of the cheap Chinese brands every ready to run rc car has an esc made by Hobbywing, even the brushed escs are made by Hobbywing.

You’re not wrong. But my personal experience hasn’t been so great as well. I also have a max10 sct where the switch has failed in the on position. So at least the rig is useable. But I can’t calibrate it either.

Whew! Thanks for the correction. I would have tried the wrong switch the next time I ordered from lhs or amain

Probably best way to replace is cut old switch and solder on new?

Or should I open up esc? I have not done that before. (Other than a trashed traxxas vxl esc)

Also I don’t know that I would want to bother for $31. But for $10, I can afford to wait. I’m into my infraction r/n and don’t really want to run my off road. Plus, the weather is crap.

Just splice/solder on the new. Cut off the old switch at the wires. If you open the switch up the wires are soldered onto the Switch's PCB anyway. Been there.

Whew! Thanks for the correction. I would have tried the wrong switch the next time I ordered from lhs or amain

Probably best way to replace is cut old switch and solder on new?

Or should I open up esc? I have not done that before. (Other than a trashed traxxas vxl esc)

Also I don’t know that I would want to bother for $31. But for $10, I can afford to wait. I’m into my infraction r/n and don’t really want to run my off road. Plus, the weather is crap.
I don't understand why it costs 3 times as much for the same product just because it is available in the US......

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back