BLX185 No Throttle - Green Light Flashes 4 times

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got it stuck in programming mode once but after a few power ups and downs I finally got it to fire up. Been good since. You know, if you really want to, you could buy a parallel adapter and do what the old school hobbywing 150a users did. Basically a lot of times the esc would shut down mid run, and you would power it up and it’d be fine forever but next time you turn off after the run and then turn it back on the next time you go out, it’d burn up. So to combat it people decided to never let the esc turn off (basically if you ran 6s, you’d plug a 6s pack into the parallel adapter before you unplugged your battery that you just finished with, and then when it was time to run you’d plug in the other battery and take out the one that was plugged in while the truck was sitting.

I got it stuck in programming mode once but after a few power ups and downs I finally got it to fire up. Been good since. You know, if you really want to, you could buy a parallel adapter and do what the old school hobbywing 150a users did. Basically a lot of times the esc would shut down mid run, and you would power it up and it’d be fine forever but next time you turn off after the run and then turn it back on the next time you go out, it’d burn up. So to combat it people decided to never let the esc turn off (basically if you ran 6s, you’d plug a 6s pack into the parallel adapter before you unplugged your battery that you just finished with, and then when it was time to run you’d plug in the other battery and take out the one that was plugged in while the truck was sitting.
What?

When you say a few power ups, do you mean switching it off and on a few times, or removing the battery, replacing the battery and switching it back on again?

Mine is stuck???

When you say a few power ups, do you mean switching it off and on a few times, or removing the battery, replacing the battery and switching it back on again?

Mine is stuck???
I meant removing the battery and plugging it back in. Some relay just got stuck and after a few bursts of electricity it finally switched off I guess.

Do you have steering?
With everything off make sure that your throttle trim is centered.
Make sure things are plugged in right on your receiver, 1 to turn 2 to burn black to the outside.
If that doesn't work you need to recalibrate the transmitter to the esc.
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/outcast-esc-punch-settings-programming-made-easy.3410/
I've got nothing (steering/throttle). I had ran it off in some water before it stopped working but I thought the esc was supposed to be waterproof.

I've got nothing (steering/throttle). I had ran it off in some water before it stopped working but I thought the esc was supposed to be waterproof.
They are for the most part, but because nothing is ever perfect in manufacturing escs can leave the factory not completely sealed and it just takes the right amount of water to cause a problem.

They are for the most part, but because nothing is ever perfect in manufacturing escs can leave the factory not completely sealed and it just takes the right amount of water to cause a problem.
I can't find the light error codes in the manual anywhere. Does anyone know what the code means?

Have you resolved your issue? I had the green light blinking 4 times and no throttle response issue on my Granite. Looked up the error code and it said was low or high voltage. Tried several batteries and had the same issue with all of them. Finally unplugged motor leads and esc would change to blinking red lights. I was then able to put esc into programming mode then reconnected just 2 motor leads at first and got some throttle, then connected the 3rd and throttle was back to normal without anymore blinking green lights.

Got the same problem on my Outcast 6s and i also solved it by first disconnecting all motor wires, trying the throttle and then the esc flashed red, connected all the motor wires and the 4 green lights were back, then i shut the power switch off and disconnected the blue wire and tried the throttle back and forth, then shut off again and connected the blue wire and then it was working again.

Was just about to order a new ESC.

Was racing my Typhon V2 today with no problems. Stopped for 30 minutes, changed over the 4s LIPO and throttle stopped working on ESC. As soon as buggy is powered on the green light flashes 4 times then pauses and cycle repeats.

Steering servo still works, tried multiple sets of LIPOs , battery voltage is fine, ESC temp is fine, all wiring looks okay and problem still exists with a different motor.

Does anyone know what this ESC error code means?
[/QUO
@dopa0282 I would try doing a factory reset on the ESC by performing the below steps:

How to factory reset the BLX 185 ESC

To reset the ESC to factory default settings connect a battery, turn on the transmitter and then turn the car on. Press and hold the set button for 4 seconds and release. The Red and Green lights will flash simultaneously to show you have reset the ESC. Switch the ESC off and factory reset is complete.

If that doesn't work then I'd contact support.
Recalibrate the throttle

Got the same problem on my Outcast 6s and i also solved it by first disconnecting all motor wires, trying the throttle and then the esc flashed red, connected all the motor wires and the 4 green lights were back, then i shut the power switch off and disconnected the blue wire and tried the throttle back and forth, then shut off again and connected the blue wire and then it was working again.

Was just about to order a new ESC.
Dennis that's awesome that you got it back going again! Glad to see that this trick worked for someone else, not just me.

I hope it lasts and isn't just a temporary fix, I'll be interested to know if it holds up ok. Great info thanks for sharing.

Yeah, lets hope so!
Ran 2 packs today pulling my daughter around in her sled in the snow, and still working without any problems at least.
Can get back to this thread later on for an update if/or not it works.

Yeah, lets hope so!
Ran 2 packs today pulling my daughter around in her sled in the snow, and still working without any problems at least.
Can get back to this thread later on for an update if/or not it works.
That's great, I hope it's a solution for many in the same position. Thank you again.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back