BLX185 No Throttle - Green Light Flashes 4 times

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I disconnected the motor and reset and recalibrated the ESC at least a dozen times before it woke up again.

This is the only thing I have found so far click on international orders and shipping
https://www.horizonhobby.com/content/support-render-contact-us

Or this
"You have the option of emailing our product support staff. We're always striving to answer e-mails as quickly as possible, but we ask that you allow at least 1-3 business days for a reply. Email Address:" [email protected]
Make sure you give them a detailed description of the problem and what steps you have already taken to try to fix it, link to this thread if needed.
my senton started doing that but with five flashing green lights, what does that mean?

Did you still have steering but no throttle?
I was just messing around the garden, and testing all functions well, for the next day. When sudenly, the kraton 6s was not reacting on my throttle input. Same thing here. 4x green led flashing. (Blx185)

I tried resetting, no result.
disconnecting yellow wire while pumping throttle, and reconnecting yellow. Made the motor spin. But as soon as the motor stopped, the blinking green showed up again.

Any other options?
(New esc already ordered)

I was just messing around the garden, and testing all functions well, for the next day. When sudenly, the kraton 6s was not reacting on my throttle input. Same thing here. 4x green led flashing. (Blx185)

I tried resetting, no result.
disconnecting yellow wire while pumping throttle, and reconnecting yellow. Made the motor spin. But as soon as the motor stopped, the blinking green showed up again.

Any other options?
(New esc already ordered)
I was never able to get mine back from the dead, if you have the receipt and it is less than 2 years old it is still under the manufacturers warranty. Just contact Horizon and they will send you out a new one.

I was never able to get mine back from the dead, if you have the receipt and it is less than 2 years old it is still under the manufacturers warranty. Just contact Horizon and they will send you out a new one.
This car is 3rd maybe 4th hand. So prolly impossible to retreive the receipt. Guess this is the end of the blx185 V1.
Rest in peace. You've done great things.

Have you resolved your issue? I had the green light blinking 4 times and no throttle response issue on my Granite. Looked up the error code and it said was low or high voltage. Tried several batteries and had the same issue with all of them. Finally unplugged motor leads and esc would change to blinking red lights. I was then able to put esc into programming mode then reconnected just 2 motor leads at first and got some throttle, then connected the 3rd and throttle was back to normal without anymore blinking green lights.
Old thread...
Thought I would mention the above again.
The procedure worked for me today. 4 flashing green lights then pause and 4 flashes again. Happened after a hard curb hit with the Infraction. Guess the BXL185 had a brief concussion.:ROFLMAO: HW prog card coud not access the ESC for a reset. No response to the reset button on the switch either. The above procedure, disconnecting the motor leads does work when you get a 4 green flash Led code, whatever that means, there is no documentation regarding this anywhere or what it means. I was ready to accept a bricked ESC. Ouch.:eek:
This was a solution for me.👍
This Stock ESC was the original in an early release V1 Infraction, FWIW.
Thanks.

So this happened to my K6 today after a fairly tame jump. Throttle cut out, steering working, 4 green blinking lights. I've tried the wire reset trick so many time i've lost count with no joy.

I'm happy to raise a warrranty request but Horizon seem to have shut the UK website down due to possible delivery problems with brexit. Thats insane!!!

Anyone got any suggestions on how to raise a warranty request please?

I have also just gotten this problem today. Arrma Big Rock. No danish dealers will help, even tho I boght it through a danish website.

So I'm guessing it's a new ESC?

Try this
. And if it doesn't work its under warranty
Hi Surchaufeur,

It helped, and green lights is gone. It drove for 10 secs. Steering is working, but when throttle is down, a red light stays on at the ESC. Do you also know this error?

Hi Surchaufeur,

It helped, and green lights is gone. It drove for 10 secs. Steering is working, but when throttle is down, a red light stays on at the ESC. Do you also know this error?
Needs recalibration. Bassicly throttle endpoints. A solid red lght means its stuck in reverse or foward. It could took off on you.
Its in the manual that comes with the car. Center your throttle trim. That's ussualy What makes your throttle off

I’m having this 4 green flash problem now. I’ve followed the advice. My kraton 6s lost throttle and steering in the snow. My receiver (dumboRC) had no led on so I replaced it and binded it no problem. Now I have steering and the 4 green flashes. I was able to reset the esc with motor disconnect and then plug each wire in at a time to the motor. I get one trigger pull of tire spin then it’s back to 4 green flashes. I can’t get into throttle end point setting.
I have the esc resting upside down at the moment.
Is it new esc time? What’s a quality after market esc replacement for stock motor with speed 16t pinion?

You ran in the wet stuff as all guys with this problem have found out.
There is no magic secret procedure to undo water corrosion and the dead shorts that water causes.
Call HH to sort it out. May be more than one component fried.
These are just not truly WP. 🤷‍♂️ Despite what HH states.
Complain to HH. It's their mess. 2 year warranty helps. Just have your receipt in hand.
I never run in the wet/snow. Not with Arrma electrics at least.:cool:

So local hobby shop didn’t have a blx185 In stock. I got home from work today, had the kraton upside down for about 24 hours. Plug in batteries, everything seems normal. I set the throttle end points. Did some warm up laps around the yard. Got the ramp out, launched her about 15-20 feet in the air many times. Took her for a walk to the mail box. All was well ... then I put it on the work bench and the FAN went like full speed way faster than I’ve ever heard it before. Weird. Now it’s locked again 4 flashes can’t reset.

I know this is old but this just happened to me too on v1 infraction w blx185. Infuriating. I’ve bought it 3rd hand so I guess it might be castle esc time! I’ve been wanting one anyway. I’m glad I came across this thread.

And yes I did run it in the wet a few days ago.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back